“Visitor”

Glendale Guest House
Ranked #21 of 66 Penrith B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Moirai and Allan run a very. Ice Bed and Breakfast. Very good accommodation, spotlessly clean rooms, plenty of complimentary tea and coffee etc. the food is delicious. Clean, spacious and highly recommend a stay here. If you like dogs you will love the 3 that live here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have just spent 5 months at the Glendale whilst working in Penrith. It was excellent. Very comfortable, spotlessly clean, great bed, lovely and warm and a fab breakfast. Moira and Allan made this a real second home for me. Absolutely nothing I could complain about.

I would highly recommend whether you are on holiday, passing through or like me working away from home.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank karen a
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Penrith was our first overnight stop on the C2C and it really was ideal. Set in a lovely location on the actual route through town, the town centre (and great bike shop!) were within easy reach. We arrived having just cycled through a down pour but Moira and Allan didn't hesitate in helping us get our shoes and clothes dry. The rooms were spacious, clean, warm and comfortable and the shower rooms were spotless. Exactly what we needed! Breakfast was delicious and an especial highlight was the haggis and black pudding tower! My only slight criticism if I am being picky is that that there was nowhere under cover to leave our bikes, but this didn't detract from an excellent stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank SW19Traveller
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Bit of a delay n posting - tried to post on the day, but it failed to download.
Firstly, the guesthouse itself is in a nice location, the greeting was warm, the room was nice. (Though our milk was very out of date, and was rotten). We introduced ourselves, and our dog.
In the morning, I returned from taking my dog for a walk, on opening the door, the guest house owners dogs attacked my dog, with one dog literally hanging off my dogs neck. I was bitten in the attack.
The owners did apologise, but to the apology the phrase "well, she is in their territory" was added - as if that made it all OK??!!

Barely any further mention of this was made by the owners, I was still shocked by the whole episode. we booked this guesthouse as it was supposed to be dog friendly - it very obviously wasn't. It is simply unacceptable to say that a place is "dog friendly" when it also houses high;y aggressive / viscious dogs. There was no excuse for what happened at all.

I did expect, at check out, that a discount would be offered. sadly no, just a comment about the type of poo bags that we used.

My hand became infected, it has been dressed all over my holiday, it has been painful.

Overall - if you have dogs, and like your hands - don't stay here.

ps. I am used to dogs, I am a highly experienced veterinary surgeon.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank asd6
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Just a quick stop over a very friendly couple a fabulous breakfast and a good night sleep
What more would you want for less than £40.00 you can even take your pets with you don't let this put off people without pets as it was one of the cleanest places I have stopped in

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KeithH939
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Booked on the same day as my stay on business, found the owners to be very helpful and pleasant. Bedroom & bathroom were both immaculately clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was as I would have cooked it. Next time I require a room in the area, this will be my first call.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Many thanks Moira and Allan for a lovely stay. The Guest house was clean and quiet and only 5 mins walk from the centre of Penrith. We stayed in Room 6 which overlooks a quiet street and a small park where you could walk a dog. The room had a double and single bed, TV, tea and coffee, biscuits. The room also had a an ensuite toilet sink and shower.

This was our first visit to Penrith although we have passed by loads of times. The town centre has numerous pubs, restuarents (Indian, Italians, tapas, mexican, chinese). We went out to the George Hotel for an evening meal which was excellent. The cinema in Penrith was also only 5 mins walk if you have a couple of hours to kill.

In the morning we both had a cooked breakfast which was excellent. There was also a choice of fruit, yoghurts and cereals.

Much better and cheaper than staying in a services motel on the M6

Look forward to stopping again in the future.

Andrew and Jacqui