“Best in Penrith”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 January 2013

It has been a while since I tasted the food at Cagneys (as it will probably always be known) and I am pleased to be able to report that it was fab. Wonderful, tasty and with subtle flavours, the naan was light and fluffy and chicken saag the best in Penrith by far. Will make sure its my number one and would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

We went on a Thursday evening and it was quiet. Like, really quiet..... And I can't understand why - maybe it was too early and the socialising hadn't really started that night. But with such friendly service and excellent food, this place should have been much busier.

Good portions of really fresh-tasting hot food - well spiced and nicely balanced. And we asked for our naan to be well-done and a bit crispy and that's exactly what we got - probably the best bread I have ever had in an Indian restaurant - including the famous Khyber Pass in Mumbai!

Prices were very good and we both left saying we will be back next time we are visiting the area. One of the lads is a TOWIE fan, so if you're from Essex (as I am), you'll be made to feel very welcome!

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Very nice plaget to eat. The staff and service Where amazing, and the food was great. Everything was well timed and great value.it is also a wonderful night out.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

The best Indian food in town. Great service, friendly staff and to top of the experience it is at an affordable price. Will be recommending this place to my friends and will be back again. Cant believe I have waited all this time to come eat here. If you havnt tried it yet, go and experience the new menu, I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

It's a big old place this, and whenever I've been there it seems kinds empty. The decor is traditional and a bit drab despite the efforts of what I assume are new owners.

BUT the food is very good, and there are a few dishes on the menu that you won't have heard of, and aren't on the menu of every other Indian. It's tasty stuff, and the dishes all taste different, they do a decent range of beers too.

Average price, about 50 for 3 of us but we didn't have starters or side dishes, and only a couple of beers. Mains are 11 quid each which is a lot for Penrith isn't it?