“As good as anything you'd pay twice as much for”
Review of Cagneys Tandoori - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Easy to find, easy to park, charming reception and service with excellent food. 4 of us had a great meal at a great price.
We live about 40 miles away and will definitely return.
Highly recommended

Reviewed 11 June 2013

After reading trip advisor reveiws of indian retuarants in cumbria we picked this one and by heck im glad we did I have eaten curry allover the country and this was up there with the best.top marks

1  Thank ColinL111
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Even when the restaurant was busy they made u feel comfortable and welcome, even tho we were just passing through the town and not local! The food tasted fresh and just the best I'd ever had! Would highly recommend!

1  Thank Rahyar123
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

I went there with my family on a Friday night, and the restaurant was almost empty. Despite the fact the food there was very tasty, I was dissapointed by the attitude of the staff, for example at one point the waiter was standing behind the bar texting. I was also annoyed by the fact that whenever we started having a convosation, the waiter seemed to turn the volume on the speakers up higher, until eventually we had to ask if he could turn it down. Overall not a good experience, good takeaway, bad restaurant.

2  Thank tycol123
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Visited Wednesday evening about 7.30pm. 7 other customers already there which is always good to see. We just had the poppadoms and pickles to start and its the first time we have been offered a chilli dip instead of lime pickle. It was good. I had the Murgh Massala and my wife had the tandoori Shashlack Massala. Both curries were really good and tasty and the side dishes were good. The staff are efficient and friendly and don't bother you other than sking if everything is alright. For 2 people having popadoms, 2 main courses , 2 side dishes, 1 rice and 1 peshwari naan. One glass of wine and one large beer cost us £40. That was with a £10 discount as they were running a special deal. We were here on holiday however if this was my local curry house I would certainly be a regular.

1  Thank Shrimpfarmer