We stayed here and used it as a base for our walking holiday. It was ideal for us. Caroline was a very welcoming host and we had a room at the front of the house with a large TV and a sofa to relax on in the evening. The bed was so comfy it was almost a struggle to get up although the smell of the breakfast cooking soon awoke us :) Freshly cooked breakfast and plenty of choice too. A perfect B&B in a lovely spot only metres from the centre of Windermere. We will definitely be visiting again soon. Ben & Karen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Graham and Alison would love to welcome you to the White Rose in Windermere where you can enjoy the lovely en-suite bedrooms with a large drink and nibble selection on our hospitality trays.Our delicious and traditional English breakfast will set you up for the day.Any dietry requirements catered for[Vegetarian,gluton free ect]Just let us know on booking. The house is close to the centre of Windermere village which has various restaraunts and cafes,we are only a 20 minute walk or a five minute drive from Bowness - where you can take a cruise around the Lake. Grasmere and Keswick are also within easy driving distance of the White Rose. We are a 5 minute walk from the train station for those arriving by train. There is a fantastic bus service which runs from Windermere to Ambleside grassmere keswick. Also tours with the mountain goat will pick you up from us for full or half day tours.Ten Lake tour, Hill top [Beatrix Potters farm] and a mountain tour.These tours are highly recomended. We offer special 3, 4 and 7 night deals throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your White Rose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Rose Hotel Windermere
- White Rose Windermere, Lake District