Only stayed here for one night and before we arrived I was quite worried having read some poor reviews. The staff were very friendly and the bar was a comfy place to have a quiet drink with plenty of choice of drinks. Our room was very large and the bed was spacious and very comfy.The room did not have a shower but that did not bother us and there was plenty of very hot water for the bath. Location of the hotel is excellent, very near shops, bars and restaurants. We ate at the hotel and the food was delicious and there is very good choice on the menu. Breakfast was delicious with a varied choice. If you are looking for a modern up to date hotel then perhaps this isn't for you but we thought the decor fitted the age of the building. I think some people forget that they are staying in a small b&b and not the Grand Hotel. As for the price we paid, we thought it was a fair amount for the location. We had no problem parking but the car parking area is quite small.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned Victorian guesthouse and pub, situated in the heart of Windermere Village and located in the heart of the Lake District. Two minutes walk from Windermere train station, just off the A591 and the perfect location from which to explore the idyllic surroundings, with local amenities on your doorstep. Offering seven comfortable en-suite bedrooms and two shower only, also attached is The Lamplighter bar serving home cooked traditional pub food and beer affording great value for money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lamplighter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakthorpe Hotel Windermere
- The Lamplighter Windermere, Lake District