Stayed here for a couple of nights and cannot fault the food or ambience.
Rooms are comfortable, if a little dated. But, on the basis, that you are in the Lake District to enjoy the scenery, walks etc. this a great spot. Excellent breakfast to keep you going through the day and then a fantastic evening menu which is difficult to choose from. The triple cooked chips are to die for and the salad side dishes are highly recommneded. Excellent range of 'sharing platters' and daily specials - you really will be hard pressed to find anything better in Windemere.
The hotel is conveniently located just off the A591 and benefits from not being too close to the centre of Windemere.
All in all, we would heartily recommend the hotel, its very helpful & frinedly staff ...oh, and did I mention the food?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned Victorian guesthouse and pub, situated in the heart of Windermere Village and located in the heart of the Lake District. Two minutes walk from Windermere train station, just off the A591 and the perfect location from which to explore the idyllic surroundings, with local amenities on your doorstep. Offering seven comfortable en-suite bedrooms and two shower only, also attached is The Lamplighter bar serving home cooked traditional pub food and beer affording great value for money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Lamplighter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakthorpe Hotel Windermere
- The Lamplighter Windermere, Lake District