We had an overnight stay at The Lamplighter recently with our 2 children, aged 3 and 5, it was fabulous. Having recently been refurbished we stayed in a lovely large room with the most comfortable bed in the world and our children both had put up beds. We all slept amazingly well considering we were away from home. It was clean, spacious, fresh, warm and welcoming to name just a few. It was also well equipped to suit our needs with tea and coffee making facilities, TV and both shower and bath, although a few more tea bags wouldn't have gone amiss!!
In the morning the children found it most amusing that they had a sink each to wash in and that Nanny and Grandad's room was right next door with nobody else around. The hotel is an intriguing maze of different levels and corridors and as a result it felt like we had our own private wing.
The level of service and attention to detail is remarkable. It is a family run hotel and as such really offers a personal service. All of the staff were very friendly and always willing to help. There is a very relaxed atmosphere in the bar, which appeared to attract many locals aswell and is always a good sign.
The Breakfast was by far the best hotel breakfast I have ever had, and they catered for all of our needs including 2 fussy children. We each had something different but nothing was a problem and it was all freshly cooked not reheated.
We wouldn't hesitate to go back when we are next in the lakes, it was a fantastc overnight stay and a lovely start to our holiday, thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned Victorian guesthouse and pub, situated in the heart of Windermere Village and located in the heart of the Lake District. Two minutes walk from Windermere train station, just off the A591 and the perfect location from which to explore the idyllic surroundings, with local amenities on your doorstep. Offering seven comfortable en-suite bedrooms and two shower only, also attached is The Lamplighter bar serving home cooked traditional pub food and beer affording great value for money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Lamplighter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakthorpe Hotel Windermere
- The Lamplighter Windermere, Lake District