This is the first hotel that we have taken our dogs to and were very apprehensive, but from the minute we arrived we realised we had not made a mistake! In a great location we were able to enjoy the Lakes with our dogs in a warm, friendly, modern and very comfortable hotel. The staff were so helpful and took the time to tell us the best walks to go on. The rooms were unbelievably clean, tidy, warm and inviting! We were comfortable in every part of the hotel and did not feel like we had to worry about the dogs been there. The breakfast was all freshly cooked to perfection! There was no pressure in to rushing with checking out. We will definitely be going back. If you go please try the hotels home-made Gin, it is lovely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned Victorian guesthouse and pub, situated in the heart of Windermere Village and located in the heart of the Lake District. Two minutes walk from Windermere train station, just off the A591 and the perfect location from which to explore the idyllic surroundings, with local amenities on your doorstep. Offering seven comfortable en-suite bedrooms and two shower only, also attached is The Lamplighter bar serving home cooked traditional pub food and beer affording great value for money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lamplighter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakthorpe Hotel Windermere
- The Lamplighter Windermere, Lake District