The hotel is nice and friendly.
It is in the centre of Windermere town and close to restaurants and shops. If you prefer to be lakeside then you will need to stay elsewhere but it's only a few minutes drive away.
Our room was clean and felt newly decorated which I believe it was, the bathroom was large and very clean however I did not get a hot shower in the 3 days I was there not sure why not but as the staff were so friendly I felt I did not want to complain.
The breakfast was nice I'd recommend the Greek yoghurt. We did plan to dine at the restaurant but the menu on the Internet and supplied in our room was different when we arrived to eat and the 2 main options we had wanted were no longer on the new menu so we opted elsewhere, the only gripe I had with the dining room is that we had the table right outside the kitchen so the door was swinging all the time, request a table by the window.
Overall it was fair value for money for the location.
The carpark did get full at times so you may have to find road parking if busy.
James and the manger were helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned Victorian guesthouse and pub, situated in the heart of Windermere Village and located in the heart of the Lake District. Two minutes walk from Windermere train station, just off the A591 and the perfect location from which to explore the idyllic surroundings, with local amenities on your doorstep. Offering seven comfortable en-suite bedrooms and two shower only, also attached is The Lamplighter bar serving home cooked traditional pub food and beer affording great value for money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lamplighter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakthorpe Hotel Windermere
- The Lamplighter Windermere, Lake District