Stayed one night at short notice. They let us have a look at a couple of rooms and let us make a choice. Both rooms and ensuite bathrooms looked ok and had a bit of character. The hallway/stairs were not as recently refurbished but it's the rooms that really count.
Our room had old single glazed windows so prone to cold and noise but it wasn't a problem when we were there.
Very close to Windermere train station and Booths supermarket. There was free parking at the rear.
Breakfast was quite nice but maybe the service a little impersonal/abrupt but maybe just a bit busy.
I think we paid a reasonable price and I would consider staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned Victorian guesthouse and pub, situated in the heart of Windermere Village and located in the heart of the Lake District. Two minutes walk from Windermere train station, just off the A591 and the perfect location from which to explore the idyllic surroundings, with local amenities on your doorstep. Offering seven comfortable en-suite bedrooms and two shower only, also attached is The Lamplighter bar serving home cooked traditional pub food and beer affording great value for money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lamplighter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakthorpe Hotel Windermere
- The Lamplighter Windermere, Lake District