Just for fun and for old times sake we decided to stay at the Oakthorpe (Lamplighter) Hotel for the first time since our wedding night 45 years ago. We booked in for 2 nights this time on the end of a few days touring.
We could nit-pick but we won't because as in life nothing is ever perfect but we were not disappointed. James made our stay special by organising the most beautiful bouquet in our clean and spacious room which had a newly fitted bathroom - unlike our original visit which was a shared one on the landing. The bed was large and comfortable... unlike the original :-)
The staff were all lovely as was the food and we enjoyed a quiet peaceful stay in spite of the hotel being comfortably full. The Lamplighter is also a hotel of charming character close to all amenities. We would recommend to family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned Victorian guesthouse and pub, situated in the heart of Windermere Village and located in the heart of the Lake District. Two minutes walk from Windermere train station, just off the A591 and the perfect location from which to explore the idyllic surroundings, with local amenities on your doorstep. Offering seven comfortable en-suite bedrooms and two shower only, also attached is The Lamplighter bar serving home cooked traditional pub food and beer affording great value for money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Lamplighter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakthorpe Hotel Windermere
- The Lamplighter Windermere, Lake District