Billed as a Restaurant with rooms we took advantage of a "discount deal". I took the option of an Upgrade and we arrived (via a good few staircases) to room 10. A double aspect room with nice natural light and a sloping roof. First thing. The Bathroom is HUGE. disproportionate to the room itself. Modern and V clean. only niggle? poor water pressure in the shower. You are on the main road through Windermere centre so in the am there is traffic noise but I have to say we slept very well. James with whom I booked also seemed ever present over the 3 days, he was utterly charming and attentive. Breakfast was fantastic. Very well cooked and served at the table rather than buffet style. Nice Bar well stocked. We enjoyed our stay and would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned Victorian guesthouse and pub, situated in the heart of Windermere Village and located in the heart of the Lake District. Two minutes walk from Windermere train station, just off the A591 and the perfect location from which to explore the idyllic surroundings, with local amenities on your doorstep. Offering seven comfortable en-suite bedrooms and two shower only, also attached is The Lamplighter bar serving home cooked traditional pub food and beer affording great value for money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lamplighter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakthorpe Hotel Windermere
- The Lamplighter Windermere, Lake District