Here just overnight, have eaten here but not stayed before, the welcome was heartfelt which was a good indication of what is to follow.
A quick aperitif on the terrace in the sun followed by food that was tasty and plentiful.
The room is superb although a bed so huge I need to text my wife to come nearer.. Everything is meticulously clean and well presented my only niggle is nowhere to hang my jacket but that is entirety superfluous.
Many thanks to James and all his staff, for friendly but superb hospitality that is rice very reasonably in comparison to other hotels in Windermere... We will be back again I'm sure....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned Victorian guesthouse and pub, situated in the heart of Windermere Village and located in the heart of the Lake District. Two minutes walk from Windermere train station, just off the A591 and the perfect location from which to explore the idyllic surroundings, with local amenities on your doorstep. Offering seven comfortable en-suite bedrooms and two shower only, also attached is The Lamplighter bar serving home cooked traditional pub food and beer affording great value for money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lamplighter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakthorpe Hotel Windermere
- The Lamplighter Windermere, Lake District