“Absolutley superb”
Review of Low House

Low House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windermere
Low House
Ranked #99 of 107 Windermere B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 January 2010

Hi,
We stayed at Low House 15-17th January. There had been so much snow just before our trip but luckily it had started to melt, although there was alot of ice, and it was very cold. When we got to Low house we parked in the small car park (although big enough for the hotels needs) and walked around to the house. We couldn't believe that we had the right place as it was bigger and more beautiful than it looked on the pictures I had seen.

We knocked on the door and Danny appeared, he was so friendly, helped us in and asked about our journey and was very genuine, Bernie too was so lovely, showing us the living rooms and dining rooms, and they both made us feel so welcome, it was like going to visit old friends. we went to our room - we had the red room, and it was huge! but the furniture was perfect for the room so it was strangely cosy.

The bathroom was a little old fashioned, but very clean and having a bath was like being in a swimming pool it was lovely and deep and so luxurious. I have to say even the towels provided were lovely and fluffy!

In the morning we saw the view, which was lovely, we didn't see any deer though. We both slept really well and didn't need to draw the curtains as it was so dark, and we didn't hear any of the other guests at all.

There is wine and chocolates in the room, which I though was actually really cheap for a hotel, and if you wanted to there were bottles of spirits in the living room which again was really reasonable.

The breakfast was really good, Bernie is a really amazing chef, I had a f ull breakfast, Sausage which I can only describe as it tasted like christmas! Bacon, Tomatoes (cooked perfectly in herbs - beautiful) and a large mushroom all cooked to perfection with the usual cereals and fruit available. We had dinner at the hotel, the salmon and avacado was to die for, it was the nicest thing I have eaten ever! and the Chicken with cider and Apple was beautiful, and Apple crumble was good enough to rival my mothers! The next breakfast was salmon and scrambled eggs which I really enjoyed.

There are games available in the living room for everyone to play and the room is really comfortable and full of books so there is something for everyone if its a rainy day!

All in all I would say Low house is the best hotel I've ever stayed in by a mile and for just over £100 I was really amazed with the value. I would absolutley go again in the summer. I felt very welcome and very relaxed. It was the perfect getaway. I will be recommending this to everyone I know.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Low House

Reviewed 22 October 2009

Really lovely B&B. Rooms are clean and very comfy. Breakfast was great; fresh, local ingredients. The hosts were friendly and helpful. We stayed in the blue room, with the seperate bathroom which is not a problem at all as it is only across the hallway.
Would recommend this place!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EsJayUK
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We stayed at Low House to celebrate our wedding anniversay for two nights. The house is fabulous and has real character.
Danny and Bernie who manage the house offer a fantastic service, are very welcoming and helpful.
On the first night we booked in for the evening meal to be cooked by Bernie. The food was tremendous, Bernie should be on masterchef her Rasberry and White Chocolate Cheesecaske was to die for and Steve (my husband )never forgave himself that he couldnt manage to finish the fabulouse rhubard and almond crumble.
The breakfasts at Low House are equally as good as the evening meal.
The rooms are lovely and decorated in line with the age of the house, the beds so comfortable and the sumptious pillows so inviting I wondered half the time whether my husband would refuse to leave !!!!
I would recommend this Low House to anyone and cannot speak highly enough of the service Danny and Bernie offer - from arranging flowers for me from my husband to organising us a taxi to take us into Bowness.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2009

We spent four delightful days at Low House relaxing and enjoying this beutiful house. Our hosts were first class and attentative to our needs and we would return. Bathrooms fine but check for a shower if the knees prevent you climbing into a bath.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2009

We stayed at low house for the second time. Even though there were new owners it was still a perfect holiday. The owners were really friendly and the food was a must have. We will definatley staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2009

We booked late for Easter this year and couldn't find a vacancy at any place next to the lake or in the two towns of Windermere or Bowness. Eventually we settled on Low House, which was more expensive than we had planned for (£100/night). Fortunately it turned out to be a wonderfully serendipitous experience.

The Low House is outside of Windermere, about 30 minutes walk via the road, which can be a bit treacherous because the single lane doesn't have any footpath next to it. A much better option is to take the public footpath across the fields. Only about 20 mins walk away we found the most spectacular view of Lake Windermere from a high hill. Absolutely worth it!

The guest house itself is very charming. Built in the late 1800's, it still contains many of the furnishings, decor and ornaments from that period. We had the Blue Room, which didn't have an en-suite bathroom, which meant that we had to walk across the shared landing to the toilet/bath, but this was not too much of a problem. The bed was very comfortable, the room was spacious enough, although not expansive. It had a lovely view over the fields.

Breakfast was nice and sufficient. The table we sat at had a support strut just below the surface, which was too low for the chair, so I couldn't get my legs under the table at all. My wife didn't seem to mind though and I noticed our table was the only one with this problem.

The hosts were marvellous. Interested, attentive, friendly, without being imposing.

I would certainly recommend Low House if you're looking for a relaxing, luxurious getaway in the gorgous country side.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2009

We went away to celebrate an anniversary. We were amazed to find such a lovely b&b, this must be one of the best in the lakes.

The room was beautifully furnished with best quality fitting, the bed was sumptous for a great nights sleep. Complimentary sherry was offered in the evening. The English Breakfast was to die for, and the hosts bent over backwards to make our stay a happy one.

This is a place we will go back to and will recomend to our friends, go there and you will not be disapointed.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)