“A diamond among many gems”
Review of All Seasons

All Seasons
Ranked #64 of 108 Windermere B&B and Inns
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“A diamond among many gems”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

What a lovely place me and my wife stayed the weekend on a kgb deal one of many hotels we stayed at, what can I say charming cosy and the food was perfect, parking was just up the road at only £3.90 for 24 hrs free if you could be bothered to look , leisure club was a small journey by car , room was very adequate all fairly new good shower all mod cons , room was cleaned daily . Stayed at some of the best hotels in the big cities , you simply dont get the same hospitality as the quirky b&b, s let alone breakfast , lovely little place with plenty to do in the area a must for any traveller would certainly stay again .

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Smiggylad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2013

If this B&B were labelled up as that (Not as a 4* hotel on booking.com) and the pictures were true - there would have been no issues with this booking.

The 'Hotel' according to Booking.com is actually a B&B.. not a bad one.. but its still a B&B.

Pictures of the 'Hotel' include a very nice view of a swimming pool and jacuzzi as well as these being listed in the features of your stay. It states 'THE Leisure Club' rather than 'A NEARBY Leisure Club'... So 'THE LEISURE CLUB'... just happens to be a borrowed pass from the owners for access to the Macdonald hotel - about a twenty minute walk from the B&B. Its not even the one in the picture as its an entirely different 'Leisure Club'.

After arriving, I was bitterly upset that I had paid nearly 4x the typical room rate to stay new years eve in an overpriced B&B. For this I could have actually stayed in a Hotel and even last minute there were options to book elsewhere which I wished I had taken up.

After going back to the listing on my smartphone I re-reviewed what I purchased and reluctantly complained to the staff onsite (the reception happens to be someone in their smokey living room next to the entrance)... I was told that 'its your fault you booked here'.. 'take it up with booking.com'.... I showed him the pictures and said 'where is this place?'.. is it here?.. answer... No... Is it a Hotel?.. No.. So why are you listing it like this and alluding to you being this sort of establishment? The reply that it was booking.com's fault and my fault and there was nothing he could do about it and that someone else does the listings..

If this person had simply said.. I'm really sorry.. I can see how this may have appeared to you.. is there anything we can do to help? Then things could have been a different story.

My girlfriend and I left in a stinking mood from the lack of service here. It was supposed to be a special treat for her. Also to be told 'your wrong' and 'you rushed into this and that's the problem' with 0 empathy is not exactly the response you expect when you have to re clarify what you've purchased.

After looking at reviews of booking.com it appears that no-one gets a resolution of issues with them... it might be easier to talk to a brick wall. So with the staff blaming me and booking.com we left with a sour taste in our mouth feeling rather conned.

As a B & B its not a bad place.. nice breakfast and clean rooms. Its nothing special though.. and the staff in charge should really consider attending a basic customer service course.

We were also told 'your the first to complain in months'.. well that's got to be the oldest trick in the book. Giving this place the benefit of the doubt.. maybe that is the case.. but that doesnt mean you call a paying (over the odds) customer 'wrong' and offering no level of understanding or compassion to the predicament that their advertising and marketing had put myself and my girlfriend in.

This was also a gift.. Put yourself in my shoes All Seasons!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank markyboyu
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2012

would definitely recommend the all seasons guest house, lovely breakfast and rooms. Perfect for my husband and I for our Windermere get away. The room was clean and warm , the hosts are very very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Middleton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this bed and breakfast. The owner was warm and friendly, the beds comfortable and the location very convenient. Our English breakfast was excellent which made a great start to our day. I would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast to everyone

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Wirral
Reviewed 28 November 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay at all seasons. The rooms were very cosy and warm and had a home from home feeling. Parking did not present an issue, however it could in summer months when Windermere is much busier. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Both me and my boyfriend were very pleased with our stay here. The room was very clean and cosy. In a great location, and the weather was great. Both Michelle and Chris were very warming to us. The breakfast was lovely and there is nothing we can complain about. We will definitely be staying here again. Thank you.

Stayed july 2012

Room Tip: All rooms are Fab.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We stayed in the all seasons guest house for just one night, it was the only B&B that would take us in for one night. We were given the room on the first floor and as it was a family room we did have a lot of space. The room was clean and warm. The blinds aswell as the curtains kept the heat in - which was a very good idea because its the lake district, its usually cold and rainy.
We were given a choice for breakfast instead of being given a full english breakfast.
Location was great, and parking wasnt a big problem as its not expensive to park on the streets near by.
Hosts were warm and welcoming.
Very nice stay, the hosts were around when and if needed which was a great plus, and they were invasive as with some other hosts at previous B&B's.
Also a good plus - hot water and good shower pressure!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business