Holly-Wood Guest House
US$283
  • Restaurant
US$349
Official Site
Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant(Windermere)
The Samling Hotel(Windermere)
Hillthwaite(Windermere)
The Lamplighter(Windermere)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bgreat quiet locationlake districtperfect hostsaward winning breakfastexcellent breakfastfriendly hostssmall thingswine glassesminute walk to windermerelittle extrasfresh milkweekend staylovely couplewe loved our staymarmaladecomfortable room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I staye at the Holly-wood guest house last winter in Windermer for two nights, and I want to share my experience. Everythins was so perfect. The roon was really clean and well decoreated. The bathroom is very clean and full of amenities. The host are so welcoming and kind. I only hope I get the opportunity for a return visit myself!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My friend and I booked this lovely B&B online and could not have been happier with the extremely clean, comfortable rooms and the lovely, friendly hosts, Ian and Yana. They were most accommodating to help us book local tours, find good restaurants, and simply find our way around. Our breakfasts were delicious and ample. I would recommend this lovely B&B to anyone looking for a good value, but also a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Love to Katie!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This B&B is just lovely. Yana and Ian welcomed us and from the very beginng we felt like home. We stayed 5 nights and must say, that Windermere is ideal place to discover Lake District. We travelled all around this lovely area like Carlisle and Maryport which can be reached in a few hours. We recommend that you borrow Ian`s Maps and take a walk to surrounded hills. We will absolutely visit Holly-Wood guest house again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We spent two nights here and found the place to be warm and friendly, accommodating and very clean. Our room was a good size, although the bathroom was cramped. Ian and Yana were very genial hosts and made us feel at home from the minute we arrived. The breakfasts were good with a variety of locally produced foods on offer. I would recommend this as a great place to stay in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Recently I had to undertake a two week work course in Windermere. I searched the web for B&B accommodations near to the training facility, and immediately liked the look of the Holly-Wood Guest House. I arrived and was immediately made welcome by the hosts Ian & Yana. The single room was perfect and immaculately clean with a plate of home made cakes as a welcome. The food was very good with more than ample servings. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would look to book here on any future business courses before looking elsewhere. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in this part of the Lake District.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business