“This was our 9th visit probably says it all”

Holly-Wood Guest House
Ranked #53 of 108 Windermere B&B and Inns
Derby, United Kingdom
“This was our 9th visit probably says it all”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Again lovely stay
attentive but not intrusive hosts. It is only 3min walk to windermere and about 15 min walk to bowness.
excellent breakfast as always
room spacious and comfy and very clean...........................................................................

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

This was our fourth stay here in the last year or so. Conveniently located in a quiet area of Windermere away from the hustle a bustle of the village centre. The rooms are very comfortable and well decorated, best nights sleep away from home in a very comfy bed. Come and go as you please with your own front door key.
Ian and Yana make the perfect hosts and Katie the resident chocolate Labrador loves been made a fuss of. Breakfast is more than adequate with a great selection of locally sourced produce served in a very pleasant dining room.
Already looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed December 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We chose this B&B based on the high rate provided by Booking.com's users.
I believe that everything happens for a reason and choosing this B&B couldn't have made me happier. Yana and Ian are two of the loveliest people I have ever known and provide an excellent service at all times. We were very happy with the room. The breakfast was really good and a big variety of choices was always provided. I don't eat meat and Yana and Ian made sure that I was happy about my breakfast leaving me several options every day. I was amazed with the thoughtful details that make me want to come back soon. Informed by my partner about my 30th birthday, Yana and Ian had a balloon, a card and home made cupcakes ready for me at breakfast. I was speechless. Today before we left Yana and Ian gave us some tips about the best way to go home and helped us carrying the luggage to the car. I will definitely come back and wouldn't choose any other B&B!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jo_Durao
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had a two night stay at the Hollywood guest house at Windermere. It was a real value for money. The couple who run this guest house were very friendly and provided us with excellent breakfast. They offered us good variety of choices during breakfast and my pick were the vegetarian sausages. An ideal location for a pleasant and comfortable stay. Tough to get this accommodation during peak season. Hence would advise to book early.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013

If you want fantastic value for money without any compromise on standards, then look no further than Holly wood Guest House.
I've stayed in dearer accommodation previously but those establishments either needed updating or the service/ hospitality was lack lustre.
Yana and Ian put their heart into giving each guest a first class experience and they are lovely people with copious amounts of integrity.
Don't waste your time reviewing any other guest houses, just book this one!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just had a few days in the Lakes and stayed at the Hollywood guest house really nice. Yana and Ian were very welcoming we had a really comfy bed on the top floor with some beautiful bath products the breakfast in the morning very tasty everything you could wish for, even some homemade goodies when you got back from a long day out. Thanks again to Yana and Ian hope to see you again...

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Warm and friendly, nothing too much trouble. We had a lovely stay in a boutique style room, imaculate and spacious with all the little details taken care of. Some of the highlights: We overslept on the first morning as the bed was so comfortable, the breakfast was gorgeous especially the "proper" black pudding, the hand and body lotion as good as a Jo Malone product (which I love!)

A BIG thank you Ian and Yana for our first stay, we will definitely be back!

Audrey and Malcolm