I don't quite relate to the previous review saying there was too much conversation upon arriving. When my Wife and I arrived we were greeted with a Gentleman (I forget his name, I was tired at the time) who paid attention to us and asked us what places we have been to, visiting, where we are from etc. And he even entertained us with a bit of Polish/Russian as my Wife is Polish.
The room itself was great, a little dark with dark furniture, but clean, smelled good and nice refreshments.
The greatest selling point for Green Gables is probably the full English breakfast. It was easily the best I've ever had in my life, and convinced me that we'll be staying again in the future. It was not greasy, was very fresh, the eggs were fresh, the bacon was fresh, everything was just fresh and spot on.
The Staff who attended to us for the breakfast were very relaxed and down to earth, and made us feel like we were among friends.
Looking forward to the full breakfast again :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Green Gables we have a very simple philosophy - clean, comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price. We do not provide all the latest gizmos and gadgetry. Nor do we provide "boutique" style toiletries or membership to gyms or spas. If you really want these then please ask at the time of booking and we will adjust the price accordingly. We do not have a long list of rules and regulations and you will find us more like a "home from home" than a stuffy and strict place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your Green Gables Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Gables Guest House Hotel Windermere
- Green Gables Guest House Windermere, Lake District