We stayed at Green Gables for 3 nights prior to visiting Scotland to visit family. We were made very welcome on arrival and Carole showed us round and advised us of the best places to park and also of places to go for meals. The breakfasts were excellent. Fruit juice, cereal, full English and plenty tea, coffee and toast.
The room was spacious light and airy. Although our room was not en suite we had our own bathroom with shower just acrosss the hall. Bathrobes were provided which we thought was a nice touch.
Carole and Alex were very helpful in advising places to visit during our stay and advised a different route than we were planning when leaving for Scotland. The journey recommended over the Kirkstone pass was breathtaking and the pie shop in Biggar was a big hit with everyone !
All in all a very pleasant holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Green Gables we have a very simple philosophy - clean, comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price. We do not provide all the latest gizmos and gadgetry. Nor do we provide "boutique" style toiletries or membership to gyms or spas. If you really want these then please ask at the time of booking and we will adjust the price accordingly. We do not have a long list of rules and regulations and you will find us more like a "home from home" than a stuffy and strict place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Green Gables Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Gables Guest House Hotel Windermere
- Green Gables Guest House Windermere, Lake District