“Excellent value for money”

Green Gables Guest House
Ranked #65 of 108 Windermere B&B and Inns
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Clean, comfortable but small bedroom with excellent breakfast and welcoming hosts. We used this as a stopover when travelling from Scotland to Manchester airport. Would use again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
Barnet
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I have just returned from a long weekend trip to Windermere. Green Gables is in a great location just down from the town centre and train station and within easy reach of the lake.

I travelled on my own and because of this you want to be greeted by friendly people even more then if you're with people. Carole and Alex are very friendly and helpful. They told me about local restaurants and pubs and places nearby.

My room was cosy, the bed was very comfortable and I slept well every night. I'm not a big one for cooked breakfasts but it was cooked well here and set me up for a good day of walking.

If you are looking for an unpretentious B&B where you will receive a warm welcome then I would definitely recommend Green Gables.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Scotland
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We stayed at Green Gable and my young son was rather ill during the night.

This is a mums worst nightmare having made a mess of the beautiful white bedding!

They could not have been more helpful. I appologised the next morning and I was told not to worry that it will be sorted out.

The Green Gables is in a nice position and we were able to park outside.

Very welcoming and friendly I would recommend The Green Gables to anyone.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
manchester
Reviewed 31 August 2010

My fiance and I only stayed for one night, but what a lovely night it was. This little place is perfectly located on a charming row of similar properties just a short stroll to Windermere centre.
On arrival we were greeted with a smile and made to feel at home. Room was tasteful and extremely cosy. Our breakfast was excellent with more than enough choice.
Will stay again, no doubt.
Thank you!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Co. Durham
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We stayed at Green Gables for 3 nights prior to visiting Scotland to visit family. We were made very welcome on arrival and Carole showed us round and advised us of the best places to park and also of places to go for meals. The breakfasts were excellent. Fruit juice, cereal, full English and plenty tea, coffee and toast.

The room was spacious light and airy. Although our room was not en suite we had our own bathroom with shower just acrosss the hall. Bathrobes were provided which we thought was a nice touch.

Carole and Alex were very helpful in advising places to visit during our stay and advised a different route than we were planning when leaving for Scotland. The journey recommended over the Kirkstone pass was breathtaking and the pie shop in Biggar was a big hit with everyone !

All in all a very pleasant holiday

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I have stayed at Green gable's several times in the past few year's. This guest house is the most welcoming accomodation I have had the pleasure of staying at. The location is perfect for train and bus also for shops and eating out. The rooms we have stayed in various are very clean and roomy and the service is fantastic, Carole and Alex cannot do enough to make your stay perfect. Nothing is to much for them. My daughter's and I slept solid every night for seven night's. For high season this guest house is fantastic value for money. I and my daughter have recommended people to stay here if visiting Windermere.If you want to be waited on hand and foot and spoon fed then go to a fancy hotel if you want home from home then Green Gable's is your answer. Thank you for a brilliant stay as is alway's the case.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Perth
Reviewed 23 June 2010

My Husband and I stayed at Green Gables on our 8 week trip around Britain. Of all the B and B,s we have stayed in over the past 8 weeks, we found Carole the most friendly and welcoming hostess we have encountered. Nothing was too much trouble and even though she had no room for us to extend our stay with her, she took the time and trouble to find accomodation for us in another B and B. Very centrally situated, opposite the Library, with easy parking. The breakfast was very good, the room nice and quiet, and our every wish catered for. I would not hesitate to recommend this B and B to anyone. We found Carole and her family delightful, the accommodation excellant value, and the establishment to be recommended.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple