The Windermere Suites was a wonderful place to stay. On booking in the staff were very pleasant and professional and the booking in process was seamless. The room itself was lovely and quite unique.The cleanliness of the room was spotless and a lovely touch with the chocolates and wine. The first thing my wife and I had to try was the bath after a 6 hour drive from London starting at 4am and then a 4 hour walk the bath was much needed. After being married for 23 years it was like being on our honeymoon again. The breakfasts were great and plentiful and was cooked to perfection. The only thing that I would say about the breakfast, I wish the breakfast time options could be a little earlier as I would have liked to start our walking earlier in the day or a cold breakfast option collected the night before etc. It was definitely a 6* stay. I wish I was there for a longer stay not just for the delights of the hotel but also for the wonderful countryside. My wife and I are planning another longer trip to Windermere and without a doubt we will be booking with the Windermere Suites again, however, this time for a little longer, and with one of teenage daughters. Brilliant Place and Stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 8 super luxury suites aimed toward romantics & honeymooners wanting somewhere very special, each suite contains its own dining area and lounge, walk in dressing room, out of this world bathrooms with airbaths with tv's above & superking hand made beds. The Windermere Suites were the winner of the AA's 'Funkiest B&B' award for 2010 and are also finalists in the 2012 Conde Nast Johansen's Awards for Excellence, and Winners of Cumbria Tourisms 'Best Guest Accommodation' These butler-serviced suites offer designer luxury set in the natural beauty of the Lake District. The 8 super luxury suites are aimed toward romantics & honeymooners wanting somewhere very special, each suite contains its own dining area and lounge, walk in dressing room, out of this world bathrooms with airbaths with tv's above & superking hand made beds. With a 5-star Guest Accommodation rating from the AA, suites come with luxury bathrooms and modern furniture from designers such as Philippe Starck. Each suite features a handmade, silver-leaf Frank Hudson super-king bed. All suites have 42-inch LCD TVs, crystal lights and free Wi-Fi. A hearty Cumbria platter or continental breakfast, with freshly ground coffee, is delivered to your suite every morning. Breakfast is served at a time to suit you. A room service menu is also available. Windermere Suites are just a 2-minute walk from the town centre and Windermere Train Station. Lake Windermere and Bowness-on-Windermere, home to the 'World Of Beatrix Potter' are also within easy walking distance. Guests receive free spa and health club membership at the Old England Hotel, which is just a 15-minute walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Windermere Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windermere Hotel Windermere
- Windermere Suites Lake District