“Lovel hotel in scenic location”

Burlington's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Burlington's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 78 Restaurants in Windermere
Price range: US$35 - US$56
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: If you want views while you dine you have certainly got them at Burlington's Restaurant in Windermere. Part of the impressive Beech Hill Hotel, set in to the Eastern bank of Lake Windermere with incredible views to the Cumbrian Fells, Burlington's is traditionally appointed with tartan carpet, imposing fireplace and crisp white table linen not to mention those picture windows which make a visit here worthwhile before you have even peeked at the menu. The kitchen freshly prepares a fusion of French and British gourmet dishes using the incredibly flavourful produce brought in from local farmland and offers two & three course Simple Flavours menu or the all out five course Gourmet menu.
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I went to the Beech Hill Hotel to have afternoon tea on the terrace on Monday afternoon. The view of the lake from the terrace was spectacular. There was a very friendly and quick service at the hotel and I would like to stay at the hotel when I get a chance to have a break away. The restaurant looked lovely and has a good view overlooking the lake, I am pleased that the bar menu and restaurant is open to non residents as well as those staying there, as the food quality is amazing and the hotel is set in an ideal location.

Reviewed 17 June 2010

At Burlingtons we had a simply fantastic time, so much so that we have since been back again.

My partner and I went there, slightly apprehensive about the idea of going for a special occasion to a restaurant in a hotel as the quality is not usually as good.
I was wrong to be apprehensive. This was one of the best meals which I have ever had. Fillet of fell bred beef was the main which was simply delicious and cooked to perfection. The food is of the highest quality and freshly prepared (mains at least).
For dessert I had blueberry soufflé which again was simply delicious and cooked perfectly.
The staff clearly work very hard and provide immaculate service worthy of an award. Very friendly but also extremely professional. An overall excellent service.

It is pricey, but in my opinion you will get what you pay for. Here it is certainly the case. I paid for high quality food, excellent service and a ‘special occasion atmosphere’ and it duly delivered with a view overlooking Windermere. Perfect.

In conclusion I would recommend this to anybody who wishes to have a lovely meal, perhaps for a special occasion or just because you appreciate good service and good food.

I will be going back.

Reviewed 22 February 2010

During our recent visit to Windermere, my partner and I ate here, although we didn't stay at the Beech Hill Hotel.
On our arrival we were greeted and browsed the menu while relaxing on the very comfy sofas in the lobby.
After ordering we were given some very nice canapes while we had a glass of wine waiting for our table.
The restauant is very clean and has a nice atmosphere with a piano player in the corner.
We had the 5 course menu which was very good value for money and the food was of a very high standard.
The service was excellent and they left just the right amount of time between each of our courses.
We would highly recommend a visit to this restaurant if you are in the area and we would return if we were to go back.