“The best duck confit I've had”
Review of Francine's

Francine's
Price range: US$13 - US$24
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

We were here in holiday and just managed to walk past this lovely and cost restaurant win Michellin stickers on the front door. I ordered a main dish of Duck Confit for dinner, and was most pleasantly surprised. It was succulent and tender, and the purée sauce just managed to bring out the best flavored. Truly enjoyed it. I had to steal some creme brûlée from my husband who ordered a 3-course dinner at only 19GBP.
I would definitely be back again, and will strongly recommend to anyone who comes here for holiday.
Thanks for a lovely evening.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Went to Francine's on Friday evening with friends. We had the 3 course menu starting with homemade soup, smoked salmon and chicken liver parfait. 3 of us had the lamb and 1 had pasta. The lamb was cooked to perfection and the vegetarian pasta so tasty. We finished with creme brulee, eton mess and chocolate torte all were superb. I think reviewer Jenny256 must be getting confused she could not have eaten at the same place we did!!!!

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Food is very good and well peresented. Quiet atmosphere and service is excellent.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

I went to Francine's because I see all the good reviews about it, but I was really disappointed! I ordered mussels for starter and you can tell that it comes straight out of the microwave. I had lamb for main, and again it surely just come out of the microwave. The display looks like something you can get from Tesco! One thing I can compliment is that the speed was really quick, and we know why. The owner was really nice to us when we arrived, but didn't even greet us after we paid. I will not come back or recommend anyone to this restaurant!

3  Thank Jenny256
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Great place great service.. Meal... Excellent! Had the pig on a plate... So tasty! A must have! You have to try this restaurant or you'll miss out!