See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

Found this b&b by googling 'pet friendly' accommodation in Windemere. Booked immediately based on the prices alone and was contacted straight away by the owner offering to upgrade our room at no extra charge due to our two dogs. Lovely b&b and friendly owners, basic rooms but very clean and with tv/DVD player, kettle etc, the only thing missing was wifi. Breakfasts were fab and came with a sausage for our puppies too. Also located opposite a great park for walking dogs and 5min from Windermere. Will defiantly be returning!!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank RCoughlan
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had a very pleasant stay here. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, with all the facilities you'd want. The owners Jenny and Andy are very friendly and helpful, and breakfast time is a real treat.

Beckside cottage is well located, close to all the restaurants of Windermere, and if like us, you take your dog, the park opposite is just ideal. We can't recommend this B&B highly enough.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rover022
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We stayed here for three nights, we had the family room and my mum had a lovely double up stairs. the rooms were lovely. The owners very helpful and made a real fuss of our wee boy and made him pancakes for breakfast, which he is still talking about. No problem having a dog. Great location, nice park across the road for the dog and for our toddler. Great B&B, shame about the weather!! Definitely recommend this B&B and hope to return as well.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I stayed 2 nights at Beckside Cottage. The owners were friendly, the other guests were wonderful, and the house is beautiful. Breakfast was very well done with a large selection of items from which to choose. I had the single at the top of the stairs. The room was clean and nicely decorated, the shower was the first one of full size that I encountered during my trip, which included stays in London and Oxford. The house was quiet, and I could not hear the guests in the room across from me. Warning: I am short, and yet managed to hit my head on the angled-in ceiling (dormer supports?). Overall, though, I would whole-heartedly recommend Beckside Cottage!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2011

This is my second visit, but this time with my cocky mum-in-law. She loved it, especially breakfast. Jenny is very kind and cooks fab food. Oh...I miss the various breakfast. This is the best B&B that I have ever been to!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family