See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Stayed here for two nights in Oct 2012, can't fault anything. Only couple of mins drive from lake. Spotless, good size room, great people and amazing breakfast. Will definitely stay again and highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 16 July 2012

It is affordable, but 'worth to stay' B&B. When I couldn't find many reviews about it at first, I didn't really think their photos are 100 percent 'true'. But after I found a lot of good reviews, I look forward to stay in this B&B. Jenny was really kind and the room is clean and cozy. Even though it is small, the whole house was quiet and nice. And our family love to have breakfast every morning. Well prepared English breakfast, especially fresh and sweet fruits and various options for cereals, juice etc. It was really pleasant experience for my family.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Really good B & B that was exceptionally clean and lovely breakfast.Andy and Jenny ever so friendly and even supplied fresh milk in room both days Bathroom had lovely bath with great supply of soap and shampoos

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Dead handy for the Rail station, being just under 10mins away on foot. Never met Andy but Jenny is lovely. She just cant do enough for you. We intimated that we were looking for local walks and asked if she knew any. By the time we had returned from going out for our dinner she had a wee book full of local walks ready for us on our return. We used it and returned it the following day. Theres a lovely friendly atmosphere at the Beckside. We had room 1 which has a lovely outlook overlooking the meandering beck "stream".
The only downside for me, and it is purely personal, is that I prefer music at a low volume or a radio or something on whilst I eat in the morning. I cant stand the sound of other people eating. But like I said, thats me. The breakfast is great though. My wife is vegetarian and there was a fair choice for her, whilst I had the full Cumbrian which really sets you up for the day. All in all a good experience which I hope to repeat again soon. Rooms are spotless too, and the bathroom fittings all looked nearly new.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012

great place to stay and good location.very clean throughout. . Although our room was smaller than some B&B we have stayed in, it was adequate with plenty of storage and had all the services you require. Good supplies in bathroom. Bathroom was big and had bath as well as shower. Jenny was very friendly without being overpowering like some establishments. Fantastic breakfasts. Will stay again when next in area. Excellent parking facilities or space on the road.Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple