“No thanks!!”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“No thanks!!”
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Never been on a tour with this company but a friend hired them for a party we went to (because they were cheap!). This showed, the bus was rattly, the driver was rude and had to ask us how to get to the destination which was one of the biggest hotels in Kendal!!! God help anybody going on a tour!!!

3 Thank Kendaljim
andrewdobson63, Owner at Lakes Supertours, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Thank you for your review. We like feedback so that we can rectify problems.
The driver of your trip to Kendal was not a regular driver nor a tour guide and no longer works for us. If he asked you which hotel you wanted to go to and where it was - well we have to be sure we know where we are going .
Sometimes we are given the wrong information by the passengers themselves so we always find it a good idea to check. Ask any tour operator.
Unfortunately buses do develop rattles and noises from time to time, the source is quickly identified when reported and put right in our routine maintenance programme.
We are sorry if you did not like your trip to Kendal for your party ; we have rectified the problems you have highlighted.Thanks for pointing these things out to us. Only when we know can we take action.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Lakes-Supertour company in Windermere”
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Please avoid this operator. It was our worst experience with these guys. The guide is the most rude and unfriendly person I have ever seen. His driving was so reckless that by the middle of the tour 2 people out of 6 were already sick and were not in a condition to continue the tour. I will never recommend this tour group to anyone ever !!!

4 Thank Anil_Londontraveller
Thank you pointing out the problems you encountered on your tour with us. I am particularly distressed to hear the driver appeared rude and impatient. I can only assume, as a tour driver /guide myself, that the driver must have been upset by some of your party becoming sick. Unfortunately some people are not good travellers in the back of a vehicle after they have had say a heavy breakfast or lunch. The narrow, winding and hilly roads of the Lake District National Park can be too much for some people to cope with and they very often feel nauseas. I can assure you that no driver is able to drive at unsafe speeds due to tachographs fitted to all our vehicles which are very strictly controlled by the British Ministry of Transport.
We carry 1000's of people each year on tours and unfortunately there are a few people who will be ill traveling in any situation ; ships , planes ,trains , buses; I would not in every case blame the driver, pilot, etc. but I have spoken to all the driver /guides at Supertours about keeping an eye out for passengers who become ill with the motion so as to reduce the discomfort of a sick passenger.
Round Rock, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Disappointed that tour canceled at last minute”
Reviewed 12 July 2010

My sister and I were supposed to take the "G" half day morning tour earlier this month. As we were eating breakfast at our B&B, I received a call from the tour operator that he had to cancel the tour because the other people had canceled because of "bad weather." Although it was cool and a little drizzly, I would not call it bad weather. in fact, by late morning the sun was shining. Our B&B host said she no longer advertises these tours because they have canceled tours as often as twice a week. So be forewarned that if you sign up for tour it may not happen and you may not know until the very last minute

3 Thank AnglophileAnnie
Thank you for your review and we were as upset as you for canceling your tour at short notice.
The weather was atrocious on this day and when the first 4 persons canceled we had no option but to cancel when shortly afterwards the boat company on Coniston Water informed us that the weather was so bad because of poor visibility that all sailings had been called off.
Believe me when I say that your tour would have been a complete waste of time and money in that you would not have seen a thing. Our drivers are never happy taking people out on days like this and the company is not happy taking money off people when we cannot deliver the tour they are expecting.
We are sorry for the cancellation but in very bad weather we have to and unfortunately, although we sometimes get blamed for bad weather, we cannot suddenly make the sun shine.
We hope you will be back in sunnier days for another try with us.
Thank you for choosing Lakes Supertours.
Melbourne, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Windermere siteseeing tours: Lake SuperTours”
Reviewed 4 July 2010

We visited Windermere, Lake District in April 2010. For siteseeing, we took a tour from LakeSuperTours. They use 12 seater vehicles for the tours to the lakes and have different packaged tours available. There drivers are the guides for these tours. One of the guides was a bit rude and impatient. The other guide, old man John, was too nice, courteous & friendly with everyone in the van.

We took the half day tour 'I'. This tour covers the northern lakes and mountain passes, Castlerigg Stone Circle, Keswick-on-Derwentwater and lake cruise, the Derwent Round and over Newlands to Moss Force Waterfall, Buttermere, Crummock Water and Lorton Vale, Whinlatter Pass, Bassenthwaite, the Vale of St. John, Thirlmere and Grasmere lake.

John came to pick us up at the guest house and dropped us back. I think it is John for who we will recommend this tour operator to others.

4 Thank darkage
Princeton, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“To Do in Windermere: Lakes Supertours for Guided Tours of the Lake District”
Reviewed 14 July 2009

In spite of Rick Steves' comments, I find Windermere a very good base for exploring the beautiful Lake District. In addition to being accessible by train, Windermere is also the point of departure for small guided tours of the Lake District.

There are two tour operators in Windermere, Mountain Goat and Lakes Supertours. I was attracted to Lakes Supertours because their Tour E (The Bronte Experience & Yorkshire Dales) was not offered by their competitor. I have no experience with Mountain Goat's tours, but I found the Lakes Supertours offerings very enjoyable. The manager, Andy, decided to run Tour E even after two people had canceled, leaving my party of four to be the only people on that tour (the tour van could accommodate eight passengers). The tour guide, Mark, was a native of Yorkshire, and he adjusted the itinerary to suit my party's interests, skipping the visit to the castle in Skipton after showing us the charming town and taking us to see the entrance to the castle. With the time we saved we had enough time in Haworth not only to see the Bronte Parsonage Museum at our leisure but also to visit the church in which most of the Bronte family members were buried and to walk part of the Bronte way to experience the wind-slept Yorkshire moors that undoubtedly inspired some of Emily Bronte's descriptions in her novel "Wuthering Heights." When I expressed an interest in seeing some of the Yorkshire Dales, which was supposed to be part of the tour, Mark suggested going to Bolton Abbey, which was not yet on the itinerary. In addition to its intrinsic interest, Bolton Abbey is located in beautiful Yorkshire Dales country, and I found the visit very worthwhile.

I also took Tour F with Lakes Supertours, to the western part of the Lake District. The highlight of the tour was a visit to Muncaster Castle, which was a perfect choice for the day of the tour because it rained all day. The tour also included a short ride on the famous Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway. Our guide on that tour was again Mark. Although Brantwood was not on the itinerary of that tour, when I saw a sign for Brantwood and expressed an interest in seeing it, he checked with the rest of the tour participants and, upon getting their consent, he drove us to Brantwood (John Ruskin's home overlooking the beautiful Coniston Waters). His flexibility enabled me to see (although not to visit) an attraction that I had longed to see because of my admiration for Ruskin.

It rains a lot in the Lake District, and if you meet with a rainy day on your visit Tour F is a good choice because you will be sheltered from rain in the Muncaster Castle and Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway parts of the tour. It is also very difficult to drive in the narrow roads of the Lake District on a rainy day, so that taking a guided tour is a better choice.

One last comment about Lakes Supertours: They were supposed to pick me up at my hotel (The Fir Trees Guest House, an excellent place to stay in Windermere), but because of a delay in a connecting train from Manchester, I had no time to get to the hotel before the tour's starting time. Andy allowed us to deposit our luggage with him (his tours operate from a location very close to the Windermere train station) and asked Mark to drive us with our luggage to our hotel after the completion of Tour F. Again, I greatly appreciate the hospitality and flexibility shown by Andy and his tour operators.

5 Thank BathVisitor_June2009
Thank you for this review . I am so pleased you a couple of lovely days out with us.

Mark is a wonderful guide and many people have spoken very highly of him and our tours.
I hope we will have the pleasure of taking you out on another tour with us one day in the future.