“Waited an hour for overcooked food!”

The Elleray Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 78 Restaurants in Windermere
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

When arriving, I was informed that I would have to wait about 50mins as it was busy - fair enough. Unfortunately, when my cod and chips arrived - it was completely unedible. I've never been given rock solid chips before. After a long journey, is it too hard for simple British holiday food?

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This pub has had its rear beer garden refurbed and it looks a lot better.
Was shocked at the price of the Peroni so beware.
Must of put the prices up to pay for the refurb.

1  Thank Alan M
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Went here for a few beers and stayed for some tea. I ordered lamb shank and I'm afraid it was really cold in the middle. I reported it to staff and they immediately accepted it was not right and agreed to replace me a complete new meal however my husbands had arrived so despite having a replacement meal which was perfectly fine my husband had finished his by the time my second meal arrived. Without even asking the staff provided a free round of drinks as a compensation. I have to say the staff were wonderful and really friendly and apologetic. We revisited the pubs beer garden a few days later for a well warned drinks after a long walk due to the friendly staff. Staff service and friendly welcome made the place.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Food is normal bar food, but with really cheap price. Restaurant is decorated lovely.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

If you are looking a cheap and cheerful pub in Windermere this is it. I was lured in by the £5 lunch offer and it didn't disappoint. The staff are friendly too as they chatted to customers including myself and the atmosphere was great as people chatted to each other as well. This place is suitable for locals, tourists and families and you get the odd folk coming in just to use the loos!!

If you are wanting more of a pub feel and bigger portions of food then the Queen's pub is next door.