“Recommended to everyone”
Review of Park Beck

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windermere
Park Beck
Ranked #77 of 108 Windermere B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Recommended to everyone”
Reviewed 30 August 2011

A great B&B, nice clean rooms, very friendly welcome, nothing too much trouble, ample parking, very close to Windermere centre and Bowness, would recommend to everyone, thanks for a great time :)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stayed at the park beck on a Tuesday night. We phoned up on the morning if arrival as we only decided to visit the lakes that morning. Park beck was the only place in Windermere with vacancies and accepting young children. We had a family room on the first floor.

On arrival the owner was welcoming and showed us to our to our to our room which was nice and clean. The breakfast was great a well cooked English breakfast that set us up for a good day.

We would have stayed an extra night but the wet weather put us off unfortunately.

We will return to this guest house as the service we got was great. The location is good too 5 mins to Windermere town and 25 mins to bowness on foot.

Many thanks

• Stayed August 2011
leicester
Reviewed 17 August 2011

myself and my husband and my two boys stayed at the b and b in august 2011 and we found the couple who run the b and b lovely and friendly. Parking was on the b and b which was fine. When we arrived our bags were taken up and with two children you take everything so we werent exactly light with our luggage we were shown to our room which was immaculate roomy with a double bed and two single beds for the boys which was perfect tea and coffee facilities the bathroom was well stocked with towels it was lovely and clean storage space to put our clothes away Breakfasts was lovely with a choice with a polite service and a smile what more could you ask for? there was a problem with a lightbulb in the bathroom whilst we were having breakfast they sorted it out for us!. My two boys loved staying there and Iam sure they bored them to death with their conversation but they never let it show! my youngest son left his soft toy and only realised when we got home the landlady offered to post it back for us so we will defintely be staying there again if you are looking for comfort privacy as we were given our key and a friendly service and hygienic rooms you cant go wrong I would recommend you go to park beck house.B.Sangha

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
UK
Reviewed 27 May 2011

The landlady is short tempered, curt and rude, even to the politest of enquiries. This place should be avoided unless you want to totally spoil your stay ...

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
19 Thank Smithy_10
ParkBeck, Owner at Park Beck, responded to this review, 14 August 2011
I am deeply sorry that the service you received here at Park Beck was not found by yourself to be of the high standard we deliver every day, and have delivered for over 25 years. I would like to appologise if indeed you found your stay to be below our usual high standards.

However, at Park Beck we have many regular customers who come back year after year and whom are completely satisfied with the accommodation, breakfast and service we provide. We have a guestbook that has entries in since opening and includes comments from people from all over the world, as single travellers, couples, families and groups, who all find their stay here comfortable, affordable and of good quality.
wigan
Reviewed 23 February 2010

A great welcome, easy parking even for my people carrier, rooms very clean and fresh, freeview tv in each of our rooms, both en suite, nice clean towels, breakfast was excellent with a good choice, overall a great B&B, friendly,clean and helpful, would stay again and recommend, thank you Greg - Wigan

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank vwltman
London
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Well I was honestly quite shocked to read the above review after staying at Park Beck Guesthouse, because from personal experience I had a lovely stay in the Lakes with them. Me and my partner were looking for an affordable B&B to stay in for 4 nights for a long weekend, and wanted a well positioned guesthouse to keep costs down. We found Park Beck through the Go Lakes website and booked online, with confirmation on the phone.
On arrival, we met the husband and wife team whom run it, and the man took all my luggage upstairs for me (even though I am not known for travelling lightly!) We were shown into our room which was a lovely spacious family room facing the front of the building .. as it was empty, they upgraded us at no extra cost!
The facilities were adequate; tea and coffee making facilities - but as with all hotels and the like .. the milk was UHT, so they provided us with fresh milk when we asked for it.
I have honestly never had a better nights sleep! I work in the city and silence is scare .. but here .. in abundance!! It is situated on a quiet street, a 5 minute walk away from central Windermere and about 10-15 minutes from Lake Windermere.
The breakfast the next morning was served to us by cheerful staff - and we had the options of cereals, juice, a full English breakfast, toast and tea or coffee - traditional and very well cooked =)

Lastly, I should say that I tend to opt for B&B's when staying on mini-breaks to keep costs down, and find that some feel like you are intruding in someone else's home, however there, It had a separacy about it which made me feel all the more relaxed as I could arrive and go as I pleased with my own key and felt secure in my room.

All in all, for the money I honestly couldn't have asked for more! If you want lake views and a mini bar then you really should opt for a hotel, but this is one of the best B&Bs that I have stayed in, and as I stay in a lot, I make a point of thoroughly reviewing them - as I know I check reviews before I stay anywhere.

Would highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kenco_girl
newcastle
Reviewed 16 September 2009

We had looked at loads of B&B's and this was the first one we found that could accomodate 5 people for the night we wanted. The photos from outside looked nice, but in hindsight we should have persisted and found some inside shots. This was the first visit to a B&B by some foreign friends. It wasn't a great introduction.
We booked online and received no confirmation at all. When we rang to make sure they had received the booking there was no enthusiasm or welcoming caht from the owner just 'yeah you're booked in what time are you arriving?' hang up!
Arrival wasn't much better no smile or welcome, we were just told to move the car. While one of us moved the car the others were shown to the rooms and the front door was closed.
Again no enthusiasm just '2 in there and 3 in there' pointing to 2 attic rooms.
When the driver finally got someone to answer the door to let them in we checked out the rooms. Both in the eaves of the house (2nd floor not 1st like we thought we had booked) both had a double and a single bed, all of which had limited head room. The bedding etc was clean but dated and a little threadbare. the bathrooms were clean but tatty (plastic caravan vanity units aboue the sinks) 1 towel each was provided and again they were clean but rock hard and had seen better days.
Tea and coffee making facilities were a few teabags, coffee sticks, and sugar packets (one room had no sugar) and 4 milk portions (one room had one which was off).
Breakfast was cooked well but there wasn't much choice. Cereal was measured out for you as was the juice.
All in all warm and clean but poor poor service and very little effort made to ensure you enjoyed your stay.
Checking online when we got back to see what the star rating was I discovered that the business is actually for sale. This probably explains a lot and hopefuly new owners can inject the enthusiasm that could make this a great B&B instead of a ropey one! (ps don't think it has a star rating, no plaques outside and could find no reference to start ratings on any of the websites it appears on)

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends