“Cosy base to explore the surrounding lakes and mountains” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Beck

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windermere
Park Beck
Ranked #79 of 111 Windermere B&B and Inns
Huaraz
“Cosy base to explore the surrounding lakes and mountains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

I have been visiting the Lake District for over 15 years now and actually live in the high Andes of Peru, running my own lodge. I felt extremely at home at Park Beck and enjoyed interaction with the hosts Anita and Mike, who are very hospitable and provide a lovely breakfast with all the trimmings. I had Cereal, a Full English breakfast, English Breakfast tea, OJ, wholemeal toast and proper English Marmalade, it left we with my boilers fully stoked for the task ahead. I am staying here with my 73 year old father (I am 37) before and after canoeing around the entire perimeter of Windermere in a day. So we may not be typical visitors to the area. We did very much enjoy the uninterrupted sleep, comfy beds, decent sheeting , and comfortable rooms with kettle and beverages. Shower is of course en-suite and was scalding hot as I like it which allowed me to get the knots out of my aching shoulders after the longish canoe ride. It is on a very quiet street and a 3 minute walk from the High Street. My father has a dodgy ankle from sporting injuries in his hey-day and he had no problem getting to town for our daily evening meal, there are fantastic places nearby - leave your car at the B&B´s off street parking.
I am always concerned about security whilst traveling as I travel with a very shiny new Macbook Pro, Tablet and various expensive gadgets, the room was cleaned daily and my stuff, although accessible, stayed in its place.
I would like to thank Anita and Mike, who are most gracious hosts, for making us feel at home and looking after us even when we were decrepit after our canoe ride. Anita even offered to put the fire on although it was mid August.
I look forward to visiting again.
See you next time.
Charlie

Room Tip: We had room 7 on the second floor which had a double bed and single, no noise from other guests, win...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank LlanganucoLodge

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Upon arrival we received a warm welcome from Anita the landlady, and were allowed to check in early as our room was ready. Park Beck is located on a quiet road, very close to the centre of Windermere. A peaceful sleep was had by all. Breakfast was cooked to order and was served promptly. Good quality traditional B&B at a very reasonable rate. Will be returning. Thanks Anita and partner!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SarsaparillaPine
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed at Park Beck for 3 nights on Easter weekend, the opening of the season.

The guest house is conveniently located just 10min walk from the station, right by Windermere main street.

The room was very clean, with all necessary amenities (en suite, TV, drawers, towels), but not overflowing with the latest trends (no flat screen, furniture is not very modern). But hey, that's a guest house at 35gbp/person/night so that's Ok!
One note on the bed: it was much too soft for us, but I think it's a matter of taste.

The owner was very friendly, we had a chance to chat a bit when we arrived and we left. It was nice to see in their guestbook that they have been running since 1993 and got travellers from all around the world (Taiwan, US, Zimbabwe, Poland, New Zealand...) That's quite an achievement!

The breakfast was good, though I believe that if the quality of ingredients could be tuned up just a little it would be a memorable experience.

Overall it's a nice place to stay in Windermere.

Room Tip: Since there's no lift and stairs are not wide, you may want to be on the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

I was looking for a weekend away for the Bank Holiday weekend with my partner, we originally chose Park Beck as it was reasonably priced, in a great location and looked traditional and quaint.

On arrival into Windermere I called Anita to see if it were possible to check in early, she was friendly and accommodating and allowed us to check in three hours early. We were greeted at the door, shown to our room and given our key to come and go as we pleased.

The room was basic but more than comfortable, tv, tea making facilities and an en suite. The breakfast was fine, after requesting mushrooms on the first day they were more than happy to provide them on the second morning. You were made to feel so at home and welcome!

I would like to respond to the person who left a review stating "Worse landlady ever"....Anita was polite, chatty, helpful and more than welcoming to me and my partner, it's one thing to leave a review of a negative experience but what you have done is made an unnecessary and personal attack on a woman, who, as much as I know, has been lovely and affable.

All in all I would recommend Park Beck to anyone looking to get away for the weekend, I will most definitely stay there again on my next visit to the Lakes.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Apcook_11
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

A great B&B, nice clean rooms, very friendly welcome, nothing too much trouble, ample parking, very close to Windermere centre and Bowness, would recommend to everyone, thanks for a great time :)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stayed at the park beck on a Tuesday night. We phoned up on the morning if arrival as we only decided to visit the lakes that morning. Park beck was the only place in Windermere with vacancies and accepting young children. We had a family room on the first floor.

On arrival the owner was welcoming and showed us to our to our to our room which was nice and clean. The breakfast was great a well cooked English breakfast that set us up for a good day.

We would have stayed an extra night but the wet weather put us off unfortunately.

We will return to this guest house as the service we got was great. The location is good too 5 mins to Windermere town and 25 mins to bowness on foot.

Many thanks

• Stayed August 2011
leicester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

myself and my husband and my two boys stayed at the b and b in august 2011 and we found the couple who run the b and b lovely and friendly. Parking was on the b and b which was fine. When we arrived our bags were taken up and with two children you take everything so we werent exactly light with our luggage we were shown to our room which was immaculate roomy with a double bed and two single beds for the boys which was perfect tea and coffee facilities the bathroom was well stocked with towels it was lovely and clean storage space to put our clothes away Breakfasts was lovely with a choice with a polite service and a smile what more could you ask for? there was a problem with a lightbulb in the bathroom whilst we were having breakfast they sorted it out for us!. My two boys loved staying there and Iam sure they bored them to death with their conversation but they never let it show! my youngest son left his soft toy and only realised when we got home the landlady offered to post it back for us so we will defintely be staying there again if you are looking for comfort privacy as we were given our key and a friendly service and hygienic rooms you cant go wrong I would recommend you go to park beck house.B.Sangha

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family