“Great hospitality”

Beech House Guest House
Ranked #74 of 107 Windermere B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Lovely stay in family room with so many personal touches for the kids - toys / videos. The two kids beds also had a curtain across so u could pull it to make there area a bit darker and cut out noise if u want to watch tv after they eventually fall asleep. maureen couldnt do enough to help and went the extra mile. lovely couple

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed in a family room for 2 nights, which was very nice. The room was well equipped and ideal for children, with Tea making facilities and TV in room. Breakfast was excellent and a great choice. Maureen and Lewis were very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again when visiting the lake district.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My father and I have recently stayed at Beech house, we were greeted by the lovely Maureen and Lewis on the morning of our arrival, we were offered tea and toast (homemade bread, best bread I've ever had) before we set off for the day (they did not have to do this at all!). We have had a lovely stay, and breakfast was gorgeous everyday. Maureen was ever so lovely and helpful, when I told her I lost my phone on the bus, she was phoning around helping me to find it and offered to go to the bus station to collect the phone for me, so that I can go and enjoy my day! The room was very nice and clean, everything was fantastic. I would definitely come back again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The rooms are small & squashy with the loos a bit too small.

To top it all Mr. Lewis on a suggestion on coming down a little late for breakfast , may be 30 minutes adviced me to walk down 2 miles for a nearby breakfast joint.

To beat it all when i adviced that i had allready paid for breakfast hence no reason for me to eat out , Mr. Lewis shows me the door and asks me to leave twice .

I guess Mr. Lewis needs a lesson in handling his guests while Maureen with little interaction seemed pleasent enough.

Breakfast was nice as well.

Room Tip: Dont take a room in front of the house as these are very tiny
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rave d
Reviewed 19 July 2013

One of the nicest B&Bs we have stayed in .
From the moment we arrived ( early check in ) we were given drinks and biscuits to have in the front garden , which is lovely .
Maureen the Lady of the house could not have been more helpful.
The Breakfast was excellent , the rooms very cosy , fresh milk for your Bedroom Tea ,nothing too much trouble
Excellent place to stay

Room Tip: Room 2 although twin beds is fine
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Mrs Maureen and Mr Lewis were so friendly and hospitable! We felt like we were their grandchildren) Woderful breakfasts!

It's value for money
Near to Wandermere station
Near to the Lake
Quiet
Warm
Clean
Cozy

If you plan to walk a lot, it's a perfect place! Much Better than snobbish 5 star hotels!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The beech house was booked for us by a family member as a Birthday/Christmas present and it was perfect. Maureen was extremely welcoming and able to advise us of some of the best places to go as we were only there for two days. the room was clean, comfortable and most importantly warm (the lakes are cold in march!) Breakfast was AMAZING, the ingredients were obviously all good quality and there was a very good selection to choose from. We would definitely recommend the Beech House to anyone who wants a comfortable and friendly stay in the Lakes.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple