Did a 4 night stay in a privately owned lodge on this park with my young family and dog.
The park itself is situated in a great spot 2 mile from both windermere centre and ambleside. It is only a 15 min walk to Brockhole visitor centre too.
There is a dog walking area, kids play areas, multi use games area and picnic spots down by the lake. Indoors there is pub, restaurant, shop, takeaway and pool with sauna, jacuzzi and steam room. We had free access pass to this via registering with reception. Park and facilities all suberbly kept.
We would definitely recommend and return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the shores of Lake Windermere in one of the most idyllic and scenic locations in the very heart of the Lake District. White Cross Bay is set within picturesque woodland, and with red deer and rabbits as local residents, a break here is sure to take you back to nature. There’s something for everyone, whether you’re looking for a quiet break or active escape. Enjoy the indoor pool, gym, spa pool, sauna and steam room to feel totally rejuvenated. For the more adventurous there’s an abundance of local walking tracks with stunning views of the Lake District or try the Treetop trek in Brockhole National Park. White Cross Bay is located between Ambleside and Windermere so there is a wide variety of pubs, cafes, restaurants. Popular eateries in the local area are Pedros, The Flying Pig, The Drunken Duck, The Albert, Zefferellis and The Wild Boar that has a very special reputation locally and nationally for its quality of food and drink experience and White Cross Bay even have their own marina on Lake Windermere with boat launching facilities – a walk along the boardwalk to see the boats and ducks is a must! The perfect way to finish your day is with a homemade meal and drink in the restaurant and bar on site. Why not take advantage of our holiday childcare facility for children aged 2 - 8yrs, and enjoy a few hours to yourself? Simply call the park to book on a session. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- White Cross Bay Leisure Park & Marina Hotel Windermere
- White Cross Bay Leisure Park And Marina
- White Cross Bay Holiday Park Windermere, Lake District