“Fantastic ”
Review of Mojos Bistro - CLOSED

Mojos Bistro
Price range: US$15 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Newly opened 2010.
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Great place , very accommodating last minute booking for partners 40th - fantastic food and service in an unpretentious setting - ignore the negative reviews a great find will return for sure

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great retaurant with great service, food and ambiance.
Cannot ask for anymore .
The lady i presume the owner had a good sense of humour and great front of house skills , being a chef and also running my own business ican easily recommend this restaurant for an enjoyable meal.
served with a racket (joke I had with owner)

People please do go , there are so many bsd restaurants stealing money from you these days its great to find a good one and this IS defo a good one .

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Tonight we had supper at this restaurant. The greeting # not too positive, concerned as we were 5 mins late, prior to this on booking we asked for the private room only to be told we were lucky to have any room at all. Not the best way to encourage your customers. Taking our orders she did explain that 'all the food is cooked to order' and that may cause a wait, we didn't in fact have to wait very long. The cooking to order can be a negative as well as a positive, so much so that if you asked for something different then it was not possible, gravy as an addition for example. There was only waitress, who I would think was the owner she was very busy. The food was fine overall, it was average well cooked not so well presented. The wine was expensive in my view. The decor is dated. I do think that the whole thing needs updating and a little re thinking. Trying to clear things away too quickly, not being very accommodating and bread that was obviously not fresh. The olives were not good, they need to get them from another supplier. Sorry to say these things in a review but I would not have felt comfortable saying them to the waitress, and I have tried to give my feedback as positively as possible.

1  Thank Wilstone
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Phoned to book a table for 8.30 p.m. and was asked told that there was a table available at 8.00. I thought that this was because the restaurant was busy but when we arrived it was almost empty and we soon realised that the earlier booking meant that the staff could finish earlier. I ordered corned beef patties to start (I had not had corned beef for decades). This was a bad choice as there was the only barest hint of actual corned beef - they were nearly all mashed potato. I mentioned this to the waitress who instead of sympathising replied 'there's loads in it'. My main course of 'char grilled breast of chicken' was in fact sliced chicken (from a tin?). My partners experience was only slightly more positive. We left without giving a tip - something that we haven't done for years. Had excellent fish and chips from the local chippy the next evening.

2  Thank Ken D
Jomo4, Owner at Mojos Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Amazing!!!
Not the review but how anyone coming out with this nonsense can work a computer.
TINNED CHICKEN!!! Get a grip man!!! Now where is that tin opener? I need to get the lid off these
Sirloin Steaks??? TINNED CHICKEN!!!! Unbelievable!!!
As for not leaving a tip, he couldn't leave a please, a thank you, or even acknowledge that anyone was serving him, so no surprise there! The only acknowledgement in all the time he was in the restaurant, was grunting something about not enough something or other in something or other. Trying to give him an earlier table was for his benefit to avoid sitting on his own in an empty restaurant, not realising its probably something he is used to. There's me with his usual table ready for the next night and he's gone to the chippy! Oh dear, our loss!

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic meal in a lovely atmosphere,if you visit windemere then mojos is a must place to eat,the meal was cooked to perfection and the owner made sure everything was ok for us.