“Mango Chicken rocks!”

prince of india
Ranked #36 of 74 Restaurants in Windermere
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Grimsby, England, United Kingdom
“Mango Chicken rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

We went to have our dinner at Prince of India twice for our 5-day stay in Windermere at the beginning of May. First I didn't know what to order so I said to the waiter that I wanted to have something creamy and spicy but not the basic tikka masala and I meant it to be spicy spicy not just mild one. He came up with this Mango Chicken with the level of spice as madras curry. It turned out to be the best indian dish I ever ordered. My husband ordered jalfrezi which went along with my dish beautifully. I'd very much recommend this restaurant and would love to go back again for the next visit.

• Visited May 2012

North Wales, Pennsylvania
“Burnt tandoori chicken.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

We ordered a meal for two with an additional starter. Everthing came quick and hot, which we enjoyed. Then the tandoori chicken came sizzling in a pan and I could smell it before I saw it. Burnt. I asked for it to be changed, the waiter took it away and another server brought it back saying that is the way it is!! I have had tandoori chicken many time and love it. Tandoori means clay oven, not burnt food. They didn't take it off of the bill. Will not return.

Visited May 2012
Keefleh
“Shocking”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Disgustingfood, service was good but waiters spat in my food whilst talking and smelt of fish but called it Paco Robanne.

• Visited April 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Really brilliant, tasty food. Perfectly spiced. Friendly service. Could do with redecorating but, if you only care about the food it is highly recommended

St Andrews
“Rude staff and silly portions”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

No doubt the food was good, but I've seen better portions in five star dining for the price we paid here. Even this could be overlooked, however when we asked the waiter about why the naan and rice portions were so small, he replied that we're the 'only one's who had this problem' and then said 'don't talk to me' and walked away! I'm not the kind of person to expect people to go out of their way for me, but running a customer focused establishment surely deserves better service than this, especially when you are paying good money for that service. The waiter continually ignored us after this and when we went to pay the bill, he rudely retorted 'what do you want'.

A real spoiler to an otherwise wonderful trip to the Lake District. They lost what would have been a loyal customer.

• Visited April 2012