“Don't let exterior put you off”
Review of prince of india

prince of india
Ranked #38 of 77 Restaurants in Windermere
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We look on trip advisor for somewhere to eat it was a Tuesday, guessing not too much open as everyone we saw that day seemed to be in this place. Anyway, I'm a vegetarian & really fussy, my first impression was...oh dear... But the staff were love,y, the food was amazing, I went off menu, nothing was too much trouble, I ordered a saag paneer hot, it was perfect, very fresh and tasty. I would say it defiantly needs a makeover but I couldn't fault the food

There are newer reviews for prince of india

Reviewed 6 November 2013

First impression you're greeted by a friend escape type staircase up to the Prince of India, however don't let that put you off. Once inside its a small restarant . The staff were a wonderful and the food was very very good. Highly recorrmend.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I am just been me and my wife Saturday night prince of India , I am order starter Tondori fish tikka and mixed kebab was very nice . After starter I am order min meal chicken tikka shashlik and chicken tikka jalfrezi Is really very nice ,I am really enjoy,I am come back again this wick . Staff is very friendly and very good service . I am recommend everybody prince of India is best restaurant and good food in lake district . I am was read one review trip adviser very bad and I am so confused about food and service , I am still going prince of India , I am nothing see any bad thing , good service and good food prince of India , if you want best curry house cumbria try prince of India Windermere , thank you prince of India lovely curry my life and very good service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

As a family we went to the Lakes, staying in Bowness. While taking a cab to another resturant, we asked the driver where else he could recommend. He suggested for an Indian meal, that we try the Prince of India in Windermere. We then looked on tripadvisor and read favourable reviews.
Our experience should have stopped when we arrived. After climbing what appears to be a fire escape, you are greeted at the top by dated decor and a 70's indian experience. The first thing you do is to pass the mens toilets which I suppose is handy if you are going straight from the pub at closing time..
However, as it came recommended we stuck with it. Orders were taken promptly and drinks arrived. Poppadoms and condiments arrived and were all in all, as one would expect. We ordered the main courses and it arrived fairly quickly. We were soon to discover that actually, it was obviously too quickly.
We ordered Chicken Shaslick as one main course. And it was shared around the table along with portions of other dishes.
My daughter tucked in but as soon as I ate a bit, something was not right. It was completely raw, translucent as you find on the counter in Tesco's!!!!
We were then faced with a bit of a dilemma. Most of the dish by this time, had been in contact with other portions of our order. We pointed this out to the waiter. He offered to supply another Shaslick. We pointed out that it had now possibly contaminated the rest of our meal. However, the waiter would not accept this.
We asked for the bill, stating that we had in fact lost our appetites somewhat and that we would, of course, pay for the drinks (despite the fact the beers were warm). The waiter returned with a bill for the entire meal minus the uncooked Shaslick. When we complained he stated he had removed the issue dish from the bill and that we should pay.
I left a £20 note on the table and we left after threats of him letting the chef loose and shouts from the kitchens. Personally, I felt afterwards that £20 of a total £48 bill was actually too generous.
Honestly, if you have to eat here, check that it's cooked before you actually consume any of it. The experience completely wrecked our evening.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

I took my mrs to this great little indian restaurant in windermere. We felt very welcomed and the staff were very pleasant. The service was excellent and the food was the cream of the crop. Top notch restaurant here in windermere. Definitely coming back here later on this week