“Indian....not totally.....but can try it if you crave for Indian. ”
Review of prince of india

prince of india
Ranked #40 of 77 Restaurants in Windermere
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Had been desperate to have some Indian for my son after a couple of days of Scottish food....so we did a take away of butter chicken. .....it was OK, but I am still confused why every one here adds coconut to the curry......chapati was made of maid a. ..and not atta. ..so won't recommend the chapati at all.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Very enjoyable meal in good surroundings, staff very good. everything was as ordered
First class.
No parking nearby

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We where looking for an indian restaurant in Windermere. We found it and We had a lovely meal at prince of india on Friday night. meal was amazing. The food has been well prepared and is so tasty with care taken to produce a well balanced spiced dishes.
We all had different dishes and they were equally tasty. The service was excellent without being too intrusive!

The prices were also very good value.

We will definitely return again when we are visiting the area

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We went to the Prince of India because we fancied some Indian food.
We ordered veggie food.
Curious, the food was completely tasteless. No salt or spices, absolutely nothing. The dishes were made with frozen vegetables. The naan was undercooked. They charged us for a bootle of water that wasn't on menu, they actually made up the price: £5.
We felt uncomfortable after the dinner for a few hours.
Not recommended.

1  Thank Anicel1
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I went to have a sit down meal in this restaurant after seeing a display by the door of the 4* Tripadvisor rating. I had lamb tikka and my husband had chicken balti. The chicken balti didnt come in a balti hot dish, but it came in a small bucket looking stainless container! My lamb tikka came also in a small bowl stainless dish. Both dishes looked like they have been sitting for a little while. We carried on eating because it's our first night in Windermere and we did not want to spoil our short break. The first piece of my lamb was chewy. I thought okay maybe the rest will be okay. All the meat was chewy!!! I started wondering whether the lamb was actually lamb?! I noticed my husband just pushing his chicken meat aside and saying to me he's not going to finish it. I tried his chicken and it tasted off. I am a mother of 3 children and a 44 years old. I know when food is off! The chicken was off, that off that my tongue started to feel rough. I was going to complain but my husband said let it go. It was important for me not to spoil our night and our break so I didnt. We then tried to finish the night at this restaurant very quickly and so ordered a cup of coffee. The coffee was instant and was given a double cream. We were not given an option of cream or milk, just given it. There were quite a high number of ratio staff to customers but the staff neither looked fresh nor fully awake. I am very suspicious of our food so I tried to dismiss the thought off my mind. But I have to let everyone else know of our experience so that they will not have to go through the same. The Tripadvisor rating did not help! I wonder how the Prince of India got the 4 out 5 rating!!??

3  Thank Grace C