“Amazing”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$42.76*
and up
The Winter Ten Lakes Spectacular Tour: Lake...
Ranked #4 of 12 Tours in Windermere
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 40 years experience of the Lake District, the Mountain Goat is nationally and internationally recognised by many coach and tour operators as their first and foremost Lake District tour specialist. From Holidays and Short Breaks to half-day and full-day guided mini-coach tours; this is the ideal way to explore the spectacular scenery of the Lake District and beyond.
Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

I used the scheduled Mountain Goat bus from Ferry House to Hawkshead and was very pleased. It was well timed (unlike most buses in the lakes- stagecoach....) And very reasonably priced. The driver slowed down at various points to show us points of interest and let us take photographs of the gorgeous scenery.

3  Thank AlexJ262
Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)
All reviews
"take photos"
in 42 reviews
"mountain passes"
in 20 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 16 reviews
"stone circle"
in 13 reviews
"lunch stop"
in 16 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Although I had a rental car for exploring the Lake District, I thought it would be well worth it to spend a day with Mountain Goat Tours so that I, who would be driving, could enjoy the scenery and not worry about getting from A to B.

Well, my daughter and I were the only two participants on a tour into the highest passes (those steep and narrow inclines made me glad not to be driving!), and we had a great time. Malcolm, our driver and guide, was no less attentive because it was just the two of us. He was most personable as well as knowledgeable, and we learned about many things that we would not be able to read about (for example, I now know a lot about the sheep in the area :)). It was great fun, and will happily go "explore" with Mountain Goat Tours again.

2  Thank ExpatDBK
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I am physically disabled. I require a cane and wheelchair. I took the tour with Mountain Goat. Our guide Jim Whitworth had returned from a trip to India. His 18th. He knew more about India than us. My wife and I were totally floored by this man with his knowledge of the region. We were only 6 in the bus. We did not go on the boat ride. Jim opted to take us to the top of the mountain overlooking the lake. We got unique photos from above. We went down the mountain and picked up the 4.

Jim has also carved a wooden king at the White Hart. I will be in touch with Jim in 2013 when I stay at my apartment at he Jeffersons Hotel . I will be there for 4 weeks and will go around with Jim when I can.

Thanks for hearing about the other tour operator.

Nikunj Sanghvi
nikunjbhai@gmail.com
Sugar Land, Texas.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

As a non-driver and lone traveller I asked for a scenic tour at the Bowness Tourist Information Office and was booked in for the 10 Lakes Tour with the aptly-named Mountain Goat company. The driver, Tony, was a mine of information (I don't know how you remember it all Tony!), a very safe driver and infinitely patient guide. The comfy and warm minibus collected me from my holiday accommodation and dropped me right back there at the end of a wonderful day with lots to see and do, so many memorable views and lots of fantastic photos to bring home to show the family. The weather wasn't ideal, but our stalwart Tony stopped often for us to take our pictures and braved the elements along with us to give us loads of extra information.The boat trip on Derwent water was a lovely bonus too. I wish I had had the time to experience some more of the tours on offer and will definitely do so when I return to the lakes again. To anyone visiting the lakes, DO sample at least ONE Mountain Goat Trip, you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank Sue B