“O What a Perfect Day!”

Mountain Goat Tours
Book In Advance
US$58.92*
and up
Borrowdale, Buttermere and Beyond: Spectacular Ten Lakes Day Trip from...
US$61.60*
Beatrix Potter's Lakeland Tour from Windermere Including Lake Cruise
US$58.92*
The High Adventure: High Mountain Passes Spectacular from Windermere
Ranked #3 of 12 Tours in Windermere
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 40 years experience of the Lake District, the Mountain Goat is nationally and internationally recognised by many coach and tour operators as their first and foremost Lake District tour specialist. From Holidays and Short Breaks to half-day and full-day guided mini-coach tours; this is the ideal way to explore the spectacular scenery of the Lake District and beyond.
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I took the 10 lake tour on Tuesday 1st October, it was a full-day trip in a mini bus which drove us to places that would have been hard to reach in a larger coach, whether it was the packhorse bridge or the part of the Honister pass known as 'the stuggle' where in the past, the lower class passengers had to get out and walk! Elliot our guide and driver made this day to remember with his excellent driving and knowledge of the area. The spectacular scenery, wonderful weather and the good company proved an unbeatable combination.

1  Thank ASpeedie
MGoatTours, Commercial Manager at Mountain Goat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear ASpeedie

Thank you for your review, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our Ten Lakes Spectacular tour. We will pass your comments onto Elliot, and we hope you can join us again on another of our tours.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

From my first contact with Florence in the office when booking the High Adventure trip to the very knowledgeable and pleasant driver (on 22/09/2013 please thank him as I have forgot his name)we had I can say this is one of the best tour companies I have used in the last 16 years. Whilst the trip was indeed fantastic and highly recommended it was the little extras the staff do that makes it so enjoyable. I couldn't find the station in time so Florence arranged for the driver to pick me up at the Windermere cruise stop instead at last minute notice. My Sat Nav run out so the driver explained which roads I needed to go on to get back to Askham. I left my coat on the coach and Florence arranged for this to be posted to me the next day. Being a Travel Agent I have used many tour companies throughout the world but rarely received this high level of customer service so the owners should be very grateful to have such fantastic staff working for them. I will definitely visit next year and book the other Mountain Goat tours. Thanks again

MGoatTours, Commercial Manager at Mountain Goat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear BernieM789

Thank you for travelling with us and for your review, we have passed on your comments to Florence and we are glad you received your coat. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

My first trip was the 10 lakes and it was so much fun and we saw so much with Mike who is truly knowledgeable about every thing we asked him; so when I got back to where I was staying and found another day free I called and booked the High adventure. The driver was again very knowledgeable and went out of his way to accommodate a disabled guest. The weather was so warm at Hardknott we didn't even need our coats, a first for me there. I am definitely working on another holiday on the Lake District with more trips with the Mountain Goat.

2  Thank Ruthi K

Dear Ruthi K

Thank you for your review, we have passed on your kind words to your driver Mike. We hope to welcome you back in the near future for another tour.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Took 3 tours with Mountain Goat tours, 10 Lakes Spectacular, High Adventure and the Beatrix Potter tour. All tours were fantastic and we saw a lot of nice scenery. The drivers/guide had a huge knowledge about the lakes and history and for the price you pay it is really worthed.

1  Thank rbbezzina

Dear rbbezzina

Thank you for review, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Your Sincerely

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We did the high adventure tour with Peter, in high winds and heavy rain. I had chosen the tour because it included a castle, a steam train ride and a chance to see some of the lakes apart from Windermere. I was not really too concerned about the steep inclines that were involved going over some of the mountain passes. Obviously you can't book the weather, so I think we might have missed on the best of the scenery, but it certainly added to the drama of going over 30+ degree inclines and meeting oncoming traffic on the narrow mountain roads. It was really great actually. Would recommend it to anyone! Would even consider going again it was so fun. Things did clear up a bit in the afternoon, so we were able to take in more of the spectacular views as we headed up towards Conniston. It was a pretty full day, I couldn't have imagined that sitting on a minibus for a da would be so tiring.

1  Thank Matthew S
MGoatTours, Business Development at Mountain Goat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Matthew S

Thank you for your review and joining us on our full day High Adventure Tour. We are pleased the weather cleared up later in the day for you. We hope to see you in the Lake District in the future.

Yours Sincerely,