Just been here tonight with the girlfriend for a meal and loved it!! Ive eaten at some great places in and around the lakes but the wild boars the best by far! Hidden nicely in the countryside near Bowness and gives a great range of food surrounded by beautiful restaurant/bar/inn. The fillet steaks are the best ive had, the sweet potato fries were awesome and the attention given by the manager and his staff was great. Constantly on standby for any need or want. 5* all day long. Ill be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wild Boar with 33 bedrooms, grill, smokehouse and brewhouse nestles in a peaceful setting in the Gilpin Valley, Windermere close to the Lake. Benefiting from the beautiful surrounding countryside, including its own private woodland for guests to enjoy, whilst perfectly positioned to explore the rest of the great outdoors in the fabulous Lake District National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Stayforlong S.L., Superbreak UK, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Wild Boar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wild Boar Hotel Crook
- The Wild Boar Windermere, Lake District