This was our fourth visit as a family with two small boisterous boys and once again the Wild Boar has lived up to our expectations ! Nothing is too much trouble for the staff who are always happy to help us and the children . The food is consistently superb and the staff friendly ,helpful yet professional. The hotel itself is lovely and the attached woodland just the thing for two young boys to explore .
We have just spent a week there and have booked a further stay next year . Although it is not specifically advertised as a family venue we would highly recommend it .
Thank you to all the team
The Jones family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wild Boar with 33 bedrooms, grill, smokehouse and brewhouse nestles in a peaceful setting in the Gilpin Valley, Windermere close to the Lake. Benefiting from the beautiful surrounding countryside, including its own private woodland for guests to enjoy, whilst perfectly positioned to explore the rest of the great outdoors in the fabulous Lake District National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Wild Boar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wild Boar Hotel Crook
- The Wild Boar Windermere, Lake District