I have just come back from the best 2 night break at The wild boar inn, hiding away just 5 mins from Windermere, this hotel and its staff were amazing. In the style of four rooms (channel 4) I checked for the usual dust etc, to which I found nothing. The room with its big copper bath was beautiful. The room also had some private outdoor space. The staff were welcoming, polite and efficient. This hotel brews its own ale which is a plus for any real ale drinker. Both nights the food was brilliant, the scotch egg with spicy brown sauce is definitely worth a go. Breakfast was great to with delicious poached egg floratine. Can't wait to visit again hopefully in the winter when the log fires are burning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wild Boar with 33 bedrooms, grill, smokehouse and brewhouse nestles in a peaceful setting in the Gilpin Valley, Windermere close to the Lake. Benefiting from the beautiful surrounding countryside, including its own private woodland for guests to enjoy, whilst perfectly positioned to explore the rest of the great outdoors in the fabulous Lake District National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Wild Boar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wild Boar Hotel Crook
- The Wild Boar Windermere, Lake District