We stayed for 3 nights and had dinner on 2 nights it was wonderful and so was the weather. The welcome and all service was first class the dog was included with biscuits on offer. One of the reasons for staying here is its location a couple of miles from Windermere but only minutes in a car.
Its so good to be able to relax over dinner with the dog under the table in the lounge especially in such hot weather and the food is good too.
The dog appreciated the room having a door onto the garden and from there to the 72 acres of woodland.
Although the road can be busy the trees baffle the noise and even with the windows and door open it doesn't distrub us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wild Boar with 33 bedrooms, grill, smokehouse and brewhouse nestles in a peaceful setting in the Gilpin Valley, Windermere close to the Lake. Benefiting from the beautiful surrounding countryside, including its own private woodland for guests to enjoy, whilst perfectly positioned to explore the rest of the great outdoors in the fabulous Lake District National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Wild Boar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wild Boar Hotel Crook
- The Wild Boar Windermere, Lake District