We were staying at the nearby Gilpin Lodge Hotel for my 50th birthday and decided to have a meal out and came across this wonderful restaurant close by, the smoked fillet steak was the best i have ever tasted, it was gorgeous, the staff were all lovely and helpful and even let me use their landline phone free of charge as i couldnt get a signal on my mobile to check on my 11 yr old son at home with a friend. we hope to come back soon and stay over in one of the beautiful rooms we have seen. this place is a must.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wild Boar with 33 bedrooms, grill, smokehouse and brewhouse nestles in a peaceful setting in the Gilpin Valley, Windermere close to the Lake. Benefiting from the beautiful surrounding countryside, including its own private woodland for guests to enjoy, whilst perfectly positioned to explore the rest of the great outdoors in the fabulous Lake District National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Wild Boar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wild Boar Hotel Crook
- The Wild Boar Windermere, Lake District