My husband and I stayed here for one night for his birthday treat on the 2nd Feb 2013.
This is a fantastic B&B. The best welcome we have ever had from anywhere we have stayed over the years. The fresh coffee was lovely and the chocolate cake was yummy.
The room was very very clean and comfortable. It's a nice touch having a bath in the room but I think we would stay in a different room next time as we do prefer a shower.
The breakfast tasted as good as it looked on the plate and there was a good choice on the menu.
Wished we could have stayed longer and we will definately go back to this lovely place.
Oh and now we know why its called Rum Doodle!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set midway between Windermere and Bowness, vintage-styled Rum Doodle B&B is just a 12-minute downhill stroll away from the famous lake. We offer country house quality in a B&B setting with Egyptian cotton linens, an award-winning breakfast and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Braemount House Hotel Windermere
- Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast Windermere, Lake District