Stayed at the Rum Doodle as a birthday treat for my girlfriend after reading the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. We were greeted by a warm welcome on arrival and served with a much needed drink and delicious slice of chocolate and beetroot cake! Stylish Room (Number 1) which had everything needed for a comfy stay, but was slightly let down by a bathroom which didn't quite match the style of the room. Only other slight disappointment was the position of the room being on the ground floor which meant you could hear the comings and goings of the other guests. Those slight issues aside we had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. Breakfast was superb with lots of tasty menu options and quality local ingredients. Rum Doodle made the perfect base for exploring the beautiful lakes and both Bowness and Winderemere were just a short stroll away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set midway between Windermere and Bowness, vintage-styled Rum Doodle B&B is just a 12-minute downhill stroll away from the famous lake. We offer country house quality in a B&B setting with Egyptian cotton linens, an award-winning breakfast and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Braemount House Hotel Windermere
- Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast Windermere, Lake District