Rum Doodle is perfectly situated, just a short stroll to Lake Windemere or into Windermere town centre. The owners made us feel really welcome from arrival and this continued throughout our stay. The room was lovely: cosy and clean with fluffy towels, complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits with fresh milk available throughout the day. Our deal included rose petals on the bed and luxury choclates and a lovely afternoon tea. We also had a bottle of prosecco brought to our room and enjoyed a boat trip on the lake. Our room also had a DVD player and there's an eclectic mix of DVDs to borrow if you fancy a quiet night in. Breakfast was brilliant, I wish we'd have stayed for a few more nights to sample everything from the menu! It's the quirky details that also make the difference here and it's certainly worth a visit, it's so relaxing and we'll certainly be staying again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set midway between Windermere and Bowness, vintage-styled Rum Doodle B&B is just a 12-minute downhill stroll away from the famous lake. We offer country house quality in a B&B setting with Egyptian cotton linens, an award-winning breakfast and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Braemount House Hotel Windermere
- Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast Windermere, Lake District