Well, for us it was finally overall the best b&b in the uk. that said, every b&b has its individual charm and there is usually always some (minor) downside. that depends very much on the individual point of view. In this case it could be for some the location and lack of scenic view. just it is only a short stroll to either the town center or the lake (center). so never mind. In all other areas Rum Doodle gets the full score. it has all the ingredients one needs to have a perfect stay.most important: a really friendly and genteel landlady, a house that has a beautiful charm and atmosphere, lovely and beautiful interior, very individual and cosy room (we loved ours;others might find it a bit too small), a great breakfast cooked by a chef (i would not wonder if it would result in an entry for Rum Doodle in the Michelin Red Guide). In any case you will enjoy our stay. Rum Doodle b&b sets the bar very high
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set midway between Windermere and Bowness, vintage-styled Rum Doodle B&B is just a 12-minute downhill stroll away from the famous lake. We offer country house quality in a B&B setting with Egyptian cotton linens, an award-winning breakfast and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Braemount House Hotel Windermere
- Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast Windermere, Lake District