Braemount House have lovely new owners in Emma and Gregor. I went on their first iyengar yoga two night stay and had a great time. The break included 4 one and half hour yoga sessions set in room overlooking Windermere with a with a qualified and respected Iyengar teacher. The early half seven starts were a bit hard with a hangover but a few stretches and postures quickly dealt with the lethargy and watching the sunrise over the fells was beautiful.
The yoga sessions catered for all levels of ability and Gaynor the aforementioned was fun and encouraging and I returned home two inches taller and certainly more flexible.
The hospitality of Emma ( and Gregor) was second to none. Gorgeous afternoon tea and cakes and a delicious hearty Cumberland breakfast ( several choices too from smoked salmon, blueberry pancakes to full English). Rooms and beds very comfortable and relaxed.
Already looking forward to next yoga break!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set midway between Windermere and Bowness, vintage-styled Rum Doodle B&B is just a 12-minute downhill stroll away from the famous lake. We offer country house quality in a B&B setting with Egyptian cotton linens, an award-winning breakfast and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Braemount House Hotel Windermere
- Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast Windermere, Lake District