A gem of a place!!! My partner and I stayed for three nights. Gregor and Emma are both very relaxed and attentive hosts and were wonderfully accomodating of us and our, 'lively', 2 year old daughter.
Although the I would recommend Braemount more for couples we stayed in the suite which gave us the option of having a seperate lounge to put our daughter down for the night.
Emma and Gregor made us feel very welcome and at ease, which when travelling with a toddler is very much needed.
The Breakfast was fresh and all locally sourced(amazing smoked haddock and eggs). The room was serviced very well and the sheets, bedding and 'smellys' were all of a high standard(my fiancee asures me!!!!)
I would not hesitate to recommend Braemount House to anyone looking to stay in The Lakes. The area is great, the lake is a a two minute walk, the scenery is stunning, and there are enough shops to keep the most discerning of ladies happy!
If you are looking for a romantic break you will not be dissapointed.
Chris, Lauren and Olivia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set midway between Windermere and Bowness, vintage-styled Rum Doodle B&B is just a 12-minute downhill stroll away from the famous lake. We offer country house quality in a B&B setting with Egyptian cotton linens, an award-winning breakfast and complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Braemount House Hotel Windermere
- Rum Doodle Bed & Breakfast Windermere, Lake District