We booked a three night say to have a luxury break and the experience was everything we hoped for. The room was lovely with a four poster bed, a stove lit for our arrival and a decanter of damson gin. the staff were so friendly and helpful. The food was amazing and absolutely delicious. The atmosphere was one of a house party and we even met friends of friends. The location is stunning and lots to do and see using as much or as little energy as you wish. We will certainly return and that is the best reflection of our time there. I liked the way the staff were so good and yet still a discrete presence. The luxury after a long hard walk. For me there were no negatives, just a very enjoyable stay. I truly felt I had had a fantastic break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious country house hotel is set in eighteen acres of private woodland and gardens, in England's picturesque Lake District. Holbeck Ghyll offers 23 individually designed en-suite rooms, most with spectacular views over Lake Windermere. The Health Spa offers a range of treatments, sauna, steam room. Food is an integral part of any guests stay, and the Restaurant, which retained a Michelin Star for 14 consecutive years, will not disappoint. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holbeck Ghyll Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Hotel
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Windermere, Lake District