Fantastic stay at Holbeck, the gounds are lovely and the view is spectacular, We were lucky enough to have stayed on a very sunny weekend and we ate canopes and had drinks outside on the lawn.
We stayed in the newer builds at the back of the hotel, no view but it was lovely inside, really clean, very spacious and the bathroom was amazing and so big, I think it was Eltermere cottage.
Food was fantastic, we went for the 8 course sampler menu with the wines to match, very expensive but why not enjoy the whole experience and really splash out if you are staying in an expensive hotel anyway!
Restaurant lacked atmosphere but what is lacked in this it most definately made up for in quality.
All in all it was a very good experience, very expensive, for 1 night. I could of gone away abroad for a week for the same money but very nice all around.
Nice treat.!!! Try it at least once!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious country house hotel is set in eighteen acres of private woodland and gardens, in England's picturesque Lake District. Holbeck Ghyll offers 23 individually designed en-suite rooms, most with spectacular views over Lake Windermere. The Health Spa offers a range of treatments, sauna, steam room. Food is an integral part of any guests stay, and the Restaurant, which retained a Michelin Star for 14 consecutive years, will not disappoint. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Holbeck Ghyll Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Hotel
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Windermere, Lake District